Co2 Dose It Go Off

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's about a keg a week Kramer, I don't go through anything like that - maybe 1 or 2 a month. The 10Kg VT cylinder lasted me about a year from memory, and apparently the biggie holds 78Kg!

According to the Maya, the world is going to end in 2012, and when it happens I'm probably still going to be using the same CO2 cylinder
:lol:

I really don't fancy decanting from one of these things - you'd need a serious hoist of some sort and a rig to hold it upside down high enough off the floor to get your smaller bottle underneath it.

Too much like hard work for mine, not to mention the affect it would have on my chances of making it to 2012...

A keg a week isn't that much! I also buy megaswill for parties etc!

I have about 10-15 schooners a night! I don't think thats too bad. Some of my mates drink a lot more than that!

I might not make 2012 at the rate I drink! :blink: Oh well here for a good time not a long time!

Wortgames said:
Stainless inners huh? (cue manic rubbing of hands in true stainless-fetishist style)
They look a bit larger than a standard 50L keg, so internal volume is probably close to that. I will play with one next time I go up there.
[post="81368"][/post]​

Wortgames_kegsyard2.jpg

Heres a bit of a dodgy effort at comparing sizes, allowing for parallax error the big ones would have to be at least 2.5-3 times larger than the soda kegs so I would say they most likely are, have fun with them its just a pity you are in NSW and I am in WA as Ive been looking for one for a bigger kettle for ages!!!!. They are like rocking horse sh!t over here as everyone has snaffled them in the old days for crab cooking pots!

cheers ausdb

cut the outer galv skin off real careful and this is what you end up with.i have two with one in reserve which reminds me i should go and get it before someone else takes it.

cheers
big d

IMG_0923.JPG

Any old pots lying around with the gas and kegs? Looks like an old "bush-crop" site.
Those gas cylinders look quite rusty. Take care moving them if they have lost a lot metal over the years.
cheers
Darren

BigD, how thick are those stainless inners? Are they OK to work with? What about the bottom, is it flat or curved?

If 18gal was a standard size, then that could be them I suppose - 18 pommy gallons is actually about 80L though, and I wouldn't have said these were 1.5 times a regular CUB keg. I'd tend to agree with Ausdb's photomath that they'd be around the 50L mark, maybe a touch larger, but like I said I didn't really pay them much attention.

The cylinders aren't too rusty, its quite a dry area so everything has the obligatory layer of red oxide but nothing's rotting through. I'd hate to be there the day they do start puncturing though!
:ph34r:

Ausdb - I think there may be some rocking horse poo there too if you still need any...
:p

hi wortgames
just measured the thickness.approx 1mm measured by ruler.base is domed which actually if yours are the same as mine you can see if you look at the underside of the keg as the galv covering is only a skin which doesnt cover the base or top..not to sure what you mean by are they easy to work with but cut the opening with a disc grinder.

cheers
big d

Wortgames said:
If 18gal was a standard size, then that could be them I suppose - 18 pommy gallons is actually about 80L though, and I wouldn't have said these were 1.5 times a regular CUB keg. I'd tend to agree with Ausdb's photomath that they'd be around the 50L mark, maybe a touch larger, but like I said I didn't really pay them much attention.

I actually thought they were 18's as well. 2.5x diameter of a corny is approx 500mm or so by about 450 high for the barrel works out to around 80L

Wortgames said:
Ausdb - I think there may be some rocking horse poo there too if you still need any...
:p
[post="81453"][/post]​

Only if it comes in a stainless/galvanised 18 gallon carrier :p :p

Latest posts

Back