Co2 Bottle Purchase Options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
I am going to purchase a co2 bottle. Not interested in converting fire extinguishes. No longer interested in renting through boc.

Want something that I can buy and own, but can refill or swap easily close to me (North Brisbane).

So far I've found the following options:

Mykegonlegs:
6.8kg - $295
4.5kg -
2.3kg -

Diemen:
3.3kg - $265
1.1kg - $195
0.54kg - $100

Air-Up
2.3kg -

Keg Keg
2.6kg -

Can someone please help me out. Let me know if there's any other options I've missed, and also if you know the prices that are missing above.

Cheers.

I ended up getting the 6.8kg kegs on legs. $50 to re-fill I think.

I see you don't want to rent, but I have noticed that the cheapest way to get gas is by renting those 22kg bottles. They are only about $35 a year! And it is 22kg!!! However, they are quite large.

Haha well I'm looking at downgrading from a 6kg boc rental to something smaller.

I have 55cm of height above my compressor hump to play with.

Slightly off topic, but anyone know where to get Deimen cylinders refilled? Not that I've used mine yet, but just planning ahead, it will be empty one day :)

Hey TP,

I don't have a link, but I saw it at Greensborough Home Brew last time I was there.
He's got a website, but it's new, and doesn't have products yet. http://www.greensboroughhomebrew.com.au/
The smaller ones are actually more expensive that the 22kg one. I guess there is less demand.

Also, I see your not in Melbourne. Try your LHBS.

cheers
dingo

I saw Terry O'Brien is selling them now - can't remember pricing off hand... at Strathpine.

I'm not that far north :unsure:

I think my closest refilling station will be at Virginia, at that brew on premises place.

Check with your local blokes... PubGas here in Fyshwick "Rents" you are 4.5KG Bottle for $150.. for as long as you want to keep it.. and gives you the $150 back when you decide you don't need it anymore.

Hey TP,

I don't have a link, but I saw it at Greensborough Home Brew last time I was there.
He's got a website, but it's new, and doesn't have products yet. http://www.greensboroughhomebrew.com.au/
The smaller ones are actually more expensive that the 22kg one. I guess there is less demand.

Also, I see your not in Melbourne. Try your LHBS.

cheers
dingo

:icon_cheers: bd,

I need a link to suss out Qld rental costs but sadly don't expect them to be as cheap as Melbourne.
ITM I'm travelling quite nicely with my stinguisher.

TP

Slightly off topic, but anyone know where to get Deimen cylinders refilled? Not that I've used mine yet, but just planning ahead, it will be empty one day :)

Sera,

We sell & refill them.

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

I settled on the MKOL 4.5 Kg, the Alloy bottle means its 10 years between tests, I liked the height (525mm) shorter than a corney, it has a carry handle and as mine gets luged around the shop a lot (including being used for plasma cutting) the shorter bottle is more stable than its big brother the 6.8 Kg bottle.

Choose the bottle that suits your needs, there isn't really that much difference in price and when you look at it over the next 10-20 years; choose the one that you are going to be happy with for a long time to come

MHB

Cheers Ross - I was going to ask if you refilled them but I forgot to last time.

Glad to hear I have a steady source of refills :)

I may even pick up one of those cute little portable diemen tanks for a picnic setup at some stage.

is it possible to collect co2 from fermenter into plastic bag then compress into a cylinder then use that is co2 different to normal air

I got the Keg King 2.6Kg cause it's cheap to buy and you can either swap n go or refill it.

Easy for me as I drive past the Keg King Springvale depot on a regular basis, no idea how easy it is to refill up your way though.

is it possible to collect co2 from fermenter into plastic bag then compress into a cylinder then use that is co2 different to normal air

Not sure what to say in response to this question!

Edit: perhaps I missed the humour.

Hay it should be possible to fart in a bottle, collect and purify the methane and use it to fire your kettle.

It would help to have a seriously tight arse so you get a good neck seal on the bottle.

You know Im half afraid someone here might think Im being serious

MHB

Hay it should be possible to fart in a bottle, collect and purify the methane and use it to fire your kettle.

It would help to have a seriously tight arse so you get a good neck seal on the bottle.

You know I'm half afraid someone here might think I'm being serious

MHB

Mark it's now gospel! :ph34r: I'm gunna save everyone and bottle it just for you!
fart.jpg

Is this a fooking piss take??????????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

:icon_cheers: CB

If thats you in the pick, your gona need a Hazmat container !

Latest posts

Back