Club Incorporation Details

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would've great to have less experienced members on the committee, there's a few guys in the club who are just starting out and it might be good to have people around to remind us of that from time to time.

I agree, I don't think time brewing matters for being on the committee at all, if you have a passion for our craft and are willing to lend a hand every now and then, I say jump on board. At the very least the beer tastings at our committee meetings should make it worth your while, I have a stash built up over time that's just been begging for a small group to share it with!

And as I said at our last meeting, I'd prefer not to see anyone being "apologetic" for their chosen method of brewing. None of this "I'm only doing extract brews" or "I'm just doing kits". We all started there, and many, many guys are making brilliant beer that way. Your method is a choice, not a status symbol as far as I'm concerned.

Actually that has me thinking...we should get an Extract/AG challenge going at some stage, where we pair up an extract brewer with someone doing AG, and they brew two beers together using each other's equipment & method.

I agree with both of the above - we all bring something to the table and as long as you are keen thats all that matters.
I for one am relatively new to home brew having done about a dozen FWK's and have now moved into BIAB (1 brew down and more to come).

OK, I'll happily put my hand up for the committee.

:beerbang:

EDIT: Pasted the thingy.

President: CarnieBrew (Justin),
Vice President: Kevin
Secretary:
Treasurer: New Guy
General Committee: Brouhaha, Forever Wort

Forever Wort said:
I feel like I haven't been brewing long enough to deserve a place on the committee yet, but it is something I'd be interested in doing down the track.

I'd be more than happy to help out with club organisation/events/fund-raising more informally, though.
Not sure a place on the committee need necessarily be dependent on brewing experience. Probably more about enthusiasm for the aims of the club, and a willingness to help.

Dammit! Doing this on the iPhone app, and didn't realise half a dozen people had already replied.

Had a squiz this morning at the model club rules and the details about the secretary contained within - not sure if it's the hardest job in the committee, but it does involve keeping a list of members and sending them off to the registrar. And of course from past experience secretaries are generally responsible for newsletters and what not (though I can see most of that stuff gets done online here anyway in these forums). And, I guess, taking minutes at meetings. I love all that newsletter stuff - just ask my wife about all the time I waste at home making zines and blogging ;)

So all that said I tentatively volunteer myself as secretary. Hope that's not too cheeky of me.

Cheeky? Not at all...nomination gratefully accepted! I also expect the Pres/VP and others will be chipping in on all the admin stuff...it won't be just left up to the Secretary.

Latest Noms:
Secretary: TimT

carniebrew said:
Cheeky? Not at all...nomination gratefully accepted! I also expect the Pres/VP and others will be chipping in on all the admin stuff...it won't be just left up to the Secretary.

Latest Noms:
Well Gents,it looks like we have nominations for all posts!
Woohoo :beerbang:

I'd like to nominate myself for the position of
"Random irregular attendee that taste tests all beers with unprofessional feed back".

Or has that position been filled?

"Random irregular attendee that taste tests all beers with unprofessional feed back".

You have to work hard for that position. Are you ready to accept the responsibility?

TimT said:

You have to work hard for that position. Are you ready to accept the responsibility?
*cracks neck and knuckles.

I'll give it a go!!

Latest Noms:
General Committee: Brouhaha, Forever Wort, Wolfman

I'll put my hand up for the committee. I work shift work so I won't be able to attend all meetings.

TimT said:
Had a squiz this morning at the model club rules and the details about the secretary contained within - not sure if it's the hardest job in the committee, but it does involve keeping a list of members and sending them off to the registrar. And of course from past experience secretaries are generally responsible for newsletters and what not (though I can see most of that stuff gets done online here anyway in these forums). And, I guess, taking minutes at meetings. I love all that newsletter stuff - just ask my wife about all the time I waste at home making zines and blogging ;)

So all that said I tentatively volunteer myself as secretary. Hope that's not too cheeky of me.
I was hoping you'd volunteer for Secretary Tim. I think you'd be great at it!

I'd be keen to participate in the general committee similar to Wolfman, but 7 committee members seems like enough and i'm not sure i can reliably commit even to a limited extent. So i think i'll refrain until i'm a bit more sure of my ability to devote the time required (or until we elucidate how much time the positions involve).
So i'll just have to be content to jeer & heckle from the sidelines :lol:

Been off the forum for a good few days and was meaning to kick this up a notch, glad it's all ready been taken care of!

The selection so far is great and what I would have pictured anyway, roll on the next meeting when we can get this hammered out and 'Official'. :D

So far with the club getting off the ground the people who have been most active in the forums regarding MM are the people who have put their hand up. I'd be happy with all of the people who have put their hand up for the specific roles to be in charge of the club.

Hey everyone,

I'm heading interstate on business tomorrow for the remainder of the week. Was going to give my proxy vote to someone, but doesn't look like it'll be needed as nobody is challenging for positions - too easy!

Who knows mate, there's still a chance a rebel contingent will front up on the night and turn the whole thing into a UFC cage match!

Latest posts

Back