Club Brand / Logo / Motto

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_guy

Reaction score
A few possible logos have been proposed along the way. Let's put them all in here for discussion then vote at the AGM if we appear to have a consensus or discuss further.
I am a bit of a fan of the motto:

Talk Beer, Make Beer, Drink Beer

Business cards and T-shirts would be cool.

What do people think about referring to the Merri Mashers as a brewing club, rather than a homebrew club, on the logo and official paraphernalia?

I agree with whoever said 'why not just merri mashes'
No need for homebrew or brewing or club.

Ha, then people might think we're all about mashed potato. Which isn't a bad thing to be about at all, come to think of it.

Nah. We've had the debate about the name, let's not go over that again, please!

As far as I know there've been two attempts at designing a logo, though one was for the other name we debated (Northern Brewing Club), and so defunct now.

Talk Beer, Make Beer, Drink Beer

I'm actually a fan of making the club about all forms of brewing. Cider, wine, mead, etc, too. Not only because I've done a bit of that stuff but also a lot of others will be interested in it too and why limit ourselves unnecessarily? That said it's obvious our main interest is beer.

So maybe just

Talk, Make, Drink

or

The group for the drinking man

Though that makes us sound like a bunch of alcos, or the positively Homeresque (Homer Simpson, I mean)

MM boooooooooooooooooooooooooze....

FWIW, i'd vote for Merri Masher Brewing club
Though i'm not too worried about the word Homebrewing, it kinda makes me think of dodgy moonshine. Maybe that's just me.

I'm not sure about using the word beer or not. I can see the point of keeping it all open 'n stuff. However we're pretty much all commonly focused on beer; and if anyone wants do talk/make/drink anything else, then that's also totally fine.

Just to clarify where i was coming from with the motto: i think i was mulling over the beer thing and whether to keep it more open and resolved as i said above, so i went with "beer." The term "make" should probably be "brew", but i think i went with using "make" to encompass the open-to-all-options angle while leaving in "beer" (& it also had a nice simple ring to it).

So i'd say the options (if a motto is indeed desired) are currently:
1) Talk, Brew, Drink
2) Talk Beer, Brew Beer, Drink Beer
3) Talk Beer, Make Beer, Drink Beer

I also like the "Relax and be Merri" from mckenry. Maybe use that as the slogan.

So it could look like:
Merri Mashers Brewing Club.
Talk Beer, Brew Beer, Drink Beer.
- Relax & be Merri -
& put it all around whichever logo we go with.

What's everyone else think? Any other mottos/slogans out there?

Now before anyone gets thier undies in a tangle...the following is tongue in cheek.

What about...

Talk,Make, Drink and Post(a lot)

Also, i'm a big fan of the coat-of-arms style logo for clubs.
Can any of the MM graphics designers whip up a nice simple heraldic coat of arms that doesn't look too wanky?
Maybe crossed mash paddles instead of lances/weapons, couple of rearing possums on either side instead of horses/lions/dragons, wreath of hops at the base around the banner nearing the motto. I'd do it, but my 3yo niece could probably have a better crack at it given my graphics skills.

The previous ones posted look great too, just putting my 2c out there.

Too silly??

Edit: can't attach an image i found, but do some image googling for "heraldic" & you'll find plenty.

"Bar Trek: The Next Imbibulation".
"Brewreaucracy".
"Unleash the Yeast Within You!"

Or the positively Biblical

"Followers of the Book of Ester".

Come to think of it, something like McKenry's "Relax and be Merri" would work nicely though.

I like Talk Beer, Make Beer, Drink Beer and I also like Relax and be Merri.

Longer puns are amusing and valuable for publications, stalls, etc. but I don't know about using one as a logo slogan.

NEWS HEADLINE: MERRI MASHERS HOLD MIDNIGHT BREW-OFF ABOVE POLLUTED INNER-CITY CREEK
"It's all about conquering your darkest beers," said member Jim Jimmison, "for brewing is our business and the business is good."

I'm just a sucker for a pun :)

So based on technobabble66's ideas I put this together... It's pretty rough but if you guys dig the direction I'll go ahead and refine it some more. IE add colour work on the typography make the hops and barley look like hops and barley, add less shitty looking mash paddles, that sort of thing... Think of it as a sketch for now.

mm-logo.jpg

I like the Talk Beer, Make Beer, Drink Beer motto, but I'd prefer the order changed to:

Make Beer. Drink Beer. Talk Beer.

Although it could be argued that "Make Beer. Drink Beer. Talk Shit." would be more apt.

Latest posts

Back