Clear Or Cloudy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve the pom

Reaction score
Hi only my second post but need a bit of advice have got a couple of brews maturing 1st is a coopers pale ale which has been in the bottle for around three/half weeks and tastes pretty good ,2nd is a coopers sparkling around the same age but not right on the money what i want to know should it be poured clear or rolled like a pale to produce the cloudy effect? also just started a coopers stout using a blend of dark malt light malt & corn syrup from my local hb shop when its fermented do i need to use finings to clear it and if so will it affect the secondary bottle fermentation ? :unsure:

Fingerlickin_B said:
Enjoy this big ol' bag of worms man :ph34r: :
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...7645&hl=coopers

PZ.
[post="94303"][/post]​

lol, yeah, this topic is quite a tin of worms. Ultimately, you should compare cloudy vs clear and stick to what you like.

If you want to really start a debate that's much longer than the cloudy vs clear one, ask about batch vs fly sparging :p

I actually brought a six pack of sparkling ale from the bottlo how people can stomach cloudy beer is beyong me!

They call CSA lunatic soup down here, we drink it cloudy cos it's still clearer than our water.

tdh

LOL, my folks where just down in SA and apparently that aint an exaggeration.

Latest posts

Back