Cleaning Keg Parts

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mchitiea

Hi All- Matt the BUTT-COLD-FREEZING-Keg guy in COLD N. California
-Noticed a post about what to use for cleaning keg gaskets and parts.
-PHOSPHORUS !
-Years ago, dish washing and clothing washing machine soap had PHOSPHORUS in it. Great for cleaning and whitening, bad for the fishies. Now the soaps are "phosphate-Free".
-So.....Go to the hardware store and pick up a box of TSP (Tri-Sodium-Phosphate). Put all your gaskets and small parts into your dishwasher along with your dishies and glasses. When it comes time to run the dishwasher, put in about 300 to 500 ml of TSP (yes that IS alot) with your normal abount of soap. Run the dishwasher on "Pots & Pans" cycle so it washes longer. DO NOT OPEN WASHER DOOR UNTIL DRY CYCLE FINISHES AND THINGS ARE COOL. IF YOU DO...KEEP EYES, MOUTH, NOSE CLOSED until steam dissapates! NO KIDDING. Your gaskets AND dishes will be the cleanest they have EVER been! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH
-The combination of heat and the TSP will make those old gaskets smell so nice you will not need to wear any perfume on that hot date coming up this Friday...just carry the O-Rings with you!

-For stainless; Phosphoric acid works great, maybe a 20 to 45% solution. Available at your local chem supply store with proof of ID or at your local Islamic terrorist preschool. (They start teaching them young, you know). Of course, BE CAREFUL. When finished, pour solution on garage floor ....cleans the concrete floor to a supper shine!

-ALL OF THE ABOVE IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO. WHEN WORKING WITH ANY CHEMICALS, BE CAREFUL! CHECK WITH A CHEMICAL ENGINEER FOR ANY POSSIBLE ADVERSE REACTIONS TO ANY AND ALL OTHER CHEMICALS AND/OR MATERIALS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. (I dare say AU lawyers are just as rabbid as U.S. lawyers, thus, this disclaimer showing intent to entertain, not to inform as an expert)

Thanks for the info Matt.

Well trendsetters, it looks like I'm off the the hardware for some phosphorous.

If nobody hears from me for a while, it will be because the new sedition laws are at work, and I am not allowed to inform anybody that I have been detained :ph34r:

Cleanliness is next to godliness.

M

Latest posts

Back