Cleaning Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
* you dont want to finish baking them and quickly open the oven. the extreme change in temperature can cause the bottles to crack or weaken them so when it comes to bottling day, you may end up with bottles cracking or bombs due to weak spots.

If you dont open the oven and let them cool slowly. you will be safe as churches!
I soak my bottles in bleach rinse them and then dry them in the oven. I take mine out of the oven whilst hot and let them cool in the slab box together (you have me worried about my routine now), A day or two later I put four into a plastic bag then re-box for bottling day.

I can fit 12 stubbies comfortably in my oven, that's why I take them out hot because I like to clean 1 slab at a time. I might have to go back to the drawing board about that one.

The foil is a good idea, less waste.

My mate in Mt.Isa just rinses them in cold water after drinking and leaves them in the sun,[40+ deg] till he needs them
If the bugs can live in that good luck to them he reckons.Doesn't get infections.
I am abit more fussybut keg now .

Well, I have the best bottle cleaning system ever!! I just place the empty tallie bottles next to the fence, and the next door neighbour washes them for me. Best washing system ever...!! I brew, he washes the bottles... Works well for me.

J

usually sodium met. bleach in a pinch.....
Exactly, free beer.
He's the first to try or taste test any new brews. All in the home brew club so is a team effort!!

Exactly, free beer.
He's the first to try or taste test any new brews. All in the home brew club so is a team effort!!

Exactly, free beer.

Crap, the post wouldn't come up on here. I apologise for the triple post. Maybe it's the couple of red wines I,v had tonight. Medicinal purposes of course! I have to buy a control box before I can make more mash beer. I have a great boiler, but keeps flicking the power without the control.

J

Back