Classic AHB threads

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tipped out 2 full kegs, the cluster was similar to parmesan soaked in a brine of vomit.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Curious to know just how bad the Chinese hops were?
His brewing podcast vanished some time ago as well.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Curious to know just how bad the Chinese hops were?
I was not happy with the taste of them, but I threw out all of mine after seeing an oil slick on top of the kettle when brewing with them. Never seem the oil slick with normal hops prior or after. Several kg worth gone, and many cubes or wort dumped.

I recall either Bribie or Tidal Pete (while drinking at Roche's in Grafton) saying they still had some??

The problem with the Chinese hops was that the buyers had no idea about hops

The hops where fine, was just those who bought them had no idea about using hops. :D

Says the man who is in love with PoR :p
But yeah, from what I've been told by a few people now, some of the hops were ok, some were pretty shocking
I wouldn't mind having a go at another chinese bulk buy actually, there's a lot of talk about the quality of Chinese hop farms these days

sp0rk said:
Says the man who is in love with PoR :p
But yeah, from what I've been told by a few people now, some of the hops were ok, some were pretty shocking
I wouldn't mind having a go at another chinese bulk buy actually, there's a lot of talk about the quality of Chinese hop farms these days
It was in Jest :lol:

I remember reading the comments and the "seller" was blaming the brewers not the hops

I used some of the Chinese "Saaz" and they were OK but they certainly didn't have much resemblance to traditional Czech Saaz.

Splitting at Chap Chap's

First Splitters.JPG

sp0rk said:
I was wondering the same thing until people reported about tipping kegs and cubes out.

Have a look at these qoutes from townsville aka "Graham L Sanders"

[SIZE=14pt]“I have done many MANY hop bulk buys”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“They just like me and are prepared to do this small order just for me”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“One thing I will confirm, the order would have been bigger than the last).”[/SIZE]

I put it to you that his real name was not Graham L Sanders nor was it townsville, i put it to you that he was in fact one Donald Trump!

LAGERFRENZY said:
I was wondering the same thing until people reported about tipping kegs and cubes out.
The issue with these hops wasn't necessarily the country of origin. The organiser of the buy was dudded into buying some manky hops that no-one else wanted. These things can happen and it's the chance you take when conducting deals on the internet. I've heard that somtimes the potential Russian bride isn't really the person in the picture on the 'Russian Brides' website.

The biggest problem with the buy wasn't the substandard quality of the product but the substandard quality of the person who initiated the buy. Most people would have apologised for the quality and most people would have accepted that it was a risk they chose to take. Afterall, most people only spent a small amount of money so it wasn't the end of the world. The objections resulted from the claim made by numb-nut Sanders that all the ordinary beer made with the hops was down to brewer error.

He should have been banned after trying to distribute copyrighted software. He should have been banned after claiming he was making a fraudulent insurance claim after a cyclone. Initially, I cut him some slack because it was ovisous that he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. However, one night he crawled out of his hole one too many times. That night may have broke the forum's record for most deleted posts in a single night.

He came across as of bit of a knob with some of the " funny" jokes he used in his podcasts ,jokes that he laughed his arse off about.

So.....Wasn't Yasmani just Bribie posting bullshit after he threw a tantrum, left the forum (allegedly), and never was coming back to AHB ever......

Porkspin was another classic. I'm not going to attempt to link the that from work

Back