Classic AHB threads

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
After spending the arvo reliving the good old days reading some of the links to classic AHB threads I thought "We need a Classic AHB Threads thread"

Got a favorite thread?

Post a link and let everyone have a good read of how much fun AHB has been at times.

One of my faves was QLDKev's Custom Clocks thread

Being a relative latecomer in AHB I can definitely appreciate old "historically significant" threads like these.

All over an effing clock.. wow

Searching for any thread that contains the name 'Yasmani' usually brings as much pisshab as the original.
I recall a funny thread where someone tried selling some Italian leather shoes but can't seem to find it.

Best thread I've come across - Fully Automated Brewing System
Somewhere, Bandito actually exists and I pray for the day he returns with his first glass of amber nectar. Did he sell the gear? Did he set fire to his home in comical fashion? On making the final tweak to one of his $600 Teflon butterfly valves, did he lose a finger and give up entirely? Like Jesus, I pray for his return but like Jesus, I feel I will only keep praying.

I wouldn't know where to begin looking, but there was one guy who intended on brewing a knk in one of those 1000L rainwater tanks.
He had it all worked out - many dozens of cans, a shitload of sugar, f##kloads of yeast, and filled with the garden tap.

Call me old fashioned, but I kind of like the threads where someone asks a question and gets thoughtful, informative responses with maybe the odd witticism thrown in for good measure. Boring, I know.

Although I still hope to uncover the secret trove that includes the thread(s) that ended with The Great Purge

Blind Dog said:
Although I still hope to uncover the secret trove that includes the thread(s) that ended with The Great Purge
Untitled.jpg

my friends father use to say if there is a bottle caper tool their is just about anything i like then.the rest is easy he use to lay brikes his best day was up to 1000 brikes a day some times .so beer was not even a problem at all a 100 bottles of home brew was low we would just make more.this went on still to this day brike laying and making home brew.then they all use to get together as one happy family and talk about the old days in frount of the fire place he built of course and his new property house to.

And with that, another classic thread was born.

kerrplease said:
my friends father use to say if there is a bottle caper tool their is just about anything i like then.the rest is easy he use to lay brikes his best day was up to 1000 brikes a day some times .so beer was not even a problem at all a 100 bottles of home brew was low we would just make more.this went on still to this day brike laying and making home brew.then they all use to get together as one happy family and talk about the old days in frount of the fire place he built of course and his new property house to.
Kerr, you are to the word salad what Iron Chef Sakai is to French / Japanese fusion cuisine. Its a gift.

warra48 said:
Difficult to understand why something as innocuous as that was locked.
Surely there was more to it than those two harmless posts? As a mod can’t you see any hidden posts?

Latest posts

Back