Classic AHB threads

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty disgusted by the way he was treated. Knocked my opinion of some of my fellow AHBers down a few pegs that for sure.

Liam_snorkel said:
I was pretty disgusted by the way he was treated. Knocked my opinion of some of my fellow AHBers down a few pegs that for sure.
You know he was totally selling booze without all the checks and balances done right?

In fact didn't his brewery suspiciously burn down mid council investigation?

I lost faith in the man after the bottle filler fiasco

Yob said:
You know he was totally selling booze without all the checks and balances done right?

Haha! The bottle filler thread. Classic Vittorio.

Yob said:
Irrelevant to the thread at hand. Initial sale withdrawal may have been badly handled but people not involved in the sale stepped in, sent abusive pms and engaged in internet antics that were pretty shameful.

Taken a bit far in the end.

manticle said:
Irrelevant to the thread at hand. Initial sale *and withdrawal may have been badly handled but people not involved in the sale stepped in, sent abusive pms and engaged in internet antics that were pretty shameful.

Taken a bit far in the end.
agreed, the whole thing was an epic fail of a thread.. I suspect a lot of that thread is now hidden as well, and probably rightfully so.

Just because it was bad, doesnt mean it's not a classic, just for different reasons.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Black Duck reminded me of the Chinese Hop buy. That was still a sore point when I joined.
Chinese Hop Bulk Buy has anyone used these hops again.

And that's where the mods earn their (nonexistent) pay cheque.

The great purge was sad, but there were some really abusive threads and lots of ignored warnings about that sort of behaviour.

AHB is sadly a lot more sanitised as a result and missing lots of good knowledge peoples- but what can you do? You're stuffed if you do and stuffed if you don't.

Back on topic - I miss the funny threads and I really value all those that thought outside the square. They got me brewing with household crap. Nick JD's stovetop thread got me going, the early no-chillers, FWH was discussed.

But hey, don't forget we have some of that still - freezing yeast, hop discussions, continuing keezer/kegerator builds.

Good lord..
All this mawkish lachrymose for the 'good old days' is giving me an ******* ulcer. AHB is the still the preeminent home brewing resource of the Australian internet. Scientific fact.

Dave70 said:
Good lord..
All this mawkish lachrymose for the 'good old days' is giving me an ******* ulcer. AHB is the still the preeminent home brewing resource of the Australian internet. Scientific fact.
There's been a lot of fun and tears along the way though :p

I wish I could remember the guy years ago who wanted to grow and malt his own grain, make his own yeast?, as well as a multitude of other DYI stuff. Turned into a fun thread.

I blame the gun laws for so many drunk angry people on the Internet if they had automatic handguns they could get out and play with them when drunk in the United States you can even buy Tannerite.

Camo6 said:
Haha! The bottle filler thread. Classic Vittorio.
Can you sort us out with the link? Surely its classic Vittorio it must be a classic AHB thread

..probably not, after giving it a read

LAGERFRENZY said:
Curious to know just how bad the Chinese hops were?
Me too, I invested an hour and a half in that thread and I'm still none the wiser. Although the fact that I've never tasted a beer containing Marco Polo is probably a bit of s clue

Latest posts

Back