Chugger pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2much2spend

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know of suppliers of chugger pumps in Australia? I know that they use to be imported here but I cannot find them.

Onlinebrewingsupplies.com has had them recently. I believe iBrew.com.au had them recently. Pretty sure Full Pint is the importer. Give Andrew there a ring.

+1 for iBrew. I remember eyeing them off for months, but cash flow moved me to the KK. Now I'm looking at the Grifo! very cool.

No Chuggers on iBrew now though....good luck.

Only 95c heat tolerant though would that be enough ???

rude said:
Only 95c heat tolerant though would that be enough ???
should be I just want it for a rims setup. So it will not hit the boiling kettle.

Mardoo said:
That Grifo on iBrew is a nice looking pump.
that grifo looks great but it doesn't say if it's a magnetic drive. So can it handle being throttled back to a low flow?

Good find and supporting the sponsors.
Also I'm pretty sure the Chugger is a direct drive. Being a centrifugal direct drive isn't an issue when throttling though.

TheWiggman said:
Good find and supporting the sponsors.
Also I'm pretty sure the Chugger is a direct drive. Being a centrifugal direct drive isn't an issue when throttling though.
I'm led to believe that it's magnetic drive.

2much2spend said:
I'm led to believe that it's magnetic drive.
not even led there. If you check about replacement heads come with magnetic shaft thingy. I know local suppliers worked very hard when they were first released with overheating problems, and these seem to have been resolved, or we'd have mile long threads of complaints. I know these are cheaper than march but as everyone knows a march pump will probably out live the kids. The prior overheat issues would give me pause in purchasing with longer term veiw.

I received one of the initial units sold in Aus with over-heating problems.

It was promptly replaced when the fault had been corrected.

Pump is still "chugging" along with no problems. Runs fairly warm, but I've heard from other that is quieter than a march

Magnetic drive and handles being throttled down no problems.

MastersBrewery said:
not even led there. If you check about replacement heads come with magnetic shaft thingy. I know local suppliers worked very hard when they were first released with overheating problems, and these seem to have been resolved, or we'd have mile long threads of complaints. I know these are cheaper than march but as everyone knows a march pump will probably out live the kids. The prior overheat issues would give me pause in purchasing with longer term veiw.
can the March pump fit a ss head?

Just ignore me, a 5 second web search would have confirmed they're mag drive. Either way safe to choke back.
Please don't tell my wife I was wrong or she'll be bringing this up in 20 years.

2much2spend said:
can the March pump fit a ss head?
Yep, Jono put a SS head on my march pump with a bigger impeller on last upgrade, Heaps better flow.

Just buy a march mate, not like you to be a tight ass :p

Fents said:
Yep, Jono put a SS head on my march pump with a bigger impeller on last upgrade, Heaps better flow.

Just buy a march mate, not like you to be a tight ass :p
the chipper comes in from nowhere. You know what I wish I had an integrated pump in my beer machine. ;p

Latest posts

Back