Christmas Lotto 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grainer said:
#13.. Don't know who belongs to this one.. Hint labels on bottles help :)

Appearance: Cloudy copper gold with excellent head retention. Head creamy.

Aroma: Strong hoppy aroma, with pepper and intense orange peel/apricot.

Taste: Strong bitterness, this reminds me of an Strong Pale Ale / IPA.. not sure what it is meant to be tho..I think there is a little grassiness behind it due to the intense hops. This is an in your face beer, bitterness is probably a bit more than I would have expected, but tastes good. The bitterness lingers and stays with you..for me probably a little too much..

Overall: Good beer for a night after work or a saturday arvo.. mind you it would go well with some doritos to help with that bitterness
I believe that would be mine.
I thought I labelled that bottle, maybe not.
Batch #13. Australia Day Pale Ale....POR, Galaxy late and a whack of Cascade and Galaxy dry......mine aren't drinking as bitter as you are describing, but have been in the fridge since it was posted, maybe your bottle has carbed up a little more and has a higher percieved bitterness, my bottles are lightly carbed and don't have that size head.

Bottle cap labelled UG ???

Not labelled: Looks like some kind of golden ale...

Appearance: Crystal clear golden..almost like a glass of fine white wine.. with a beer head!

Aroma: floral notes with sweetness

Taste: floral taste on the mouth with medium bitterness.. medium mouth feel...

Overall..extremely easy to drink...seems like a carlton cold or something like that !! sorry if thats an insult !!

Grainer said:
Bottle cap labelled UG ???

Not labelled: Looks like some kind of golden ale...

Appearance: Crystal clear golden..almost like a glass of fine white wine.. with a beer head!

Aroma: floral notes with sweetness

Taste: floral taste on the mouth with medium bitterness.. medium mouth feel...

Overall..extremely easy to drink...seems like a carlton cold or something like that !! sorry if thats an insult !!
That sounds like mine I think (sorry I didn't put a label on it, just sent with a note in box, think the UG was meant to stand for LG (Lager)).

I called it a 'Crispy Lager' .

Ale Malt
Wheat Malt
Rice
Cara Pils

POR as bittering addition only.

S-23

No offence taken as it was what I was somewhat attempting to create. Near transparent, easy drinking for the hot summer.
I'd had a spate of problems with something lingering in my brews so I was doing back to back brews for a few months there of something crisp and clear so that any problems would stick out like a saw thumb. I think that was the first batch I did after turfing all my plastic gear.

Cheers

Gr390ry Pale Ale & IPA.

Thanks for the reminder. I had both bottles during a family barbecue to celebrate the arrival of our third boy.

No full tasting notes but I do remember both beers.

Pale Ale was pretty good if a little light on for body. Still clean fermented and refreshing.

IPA was unreal. Very clean, dark gold or light copper with a solid fresh fruit hop aroma and flavour. Well balanced malt and enough body without being full or cloying. Absolutely delicious.

uploadfromtaptalk1395220186283.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395220206355.jpg

Josh said:
Gr390ry Pale Ale & IPA.

Thanks for the reminder. I had both bottles during a family barbecue to celebrate the arrival of our third boy.

No full tasting notes but I do remember both beers.

Pale Ale was pretty good if a little light on for body. Still clean fermented and refreshing.

IPA was unreal. Very clean, dark gold or light copper with a solid fresh fruit hop aroma and flavour. Well balanced malt and enough body without being full or cloying. Absolutely delicious.

attachicon.gif
uploadfromtaptalk1395220186283.jpg

attachicon.gif
uploadfromtaptalk1395220206355.jpg
Thanks for the review Josh, I was hanging out to see what you thought of the IPA glad you enjoyed it

Brenthor:

If this isn't a lambic.. theorises something hell wrong with it lol

Pretty sure it is..

Very fruity with apple on the nose with hazy golden liquid

Taste: Tastes like a lambic, however, it has a beery note to it that should not be present .. and a little cidery.. begging in to get a taste for these.. quite nice to drink

Keifer33: APA

Appearance: Golden clear liquor with great white head that lingers a little.

Aroma: Smells like peaches and apricot .. lots of stone fruit in this.

Taste: Medium to hight body .. a little more than expect, citrus fruits on the side of the tongue with apricot and peach mild hops with malt.

NuBrew: Raspberry Porter

Straight away the aroma was great full of raspberry goodness. I had been saving his.. Dark porter with a pinch of red..

Slight red in the large head.. shouldn't be that way tho

very strong raspberry flavours I wonder if a little too much to over power the maltiness of the porter..

drinks really easy..I'd cut back the carbonation dn try a little less raspberry although it is really nice almost a chicks drink

cheers
enjoyed it

Just had 2 bottles.

1x Vanilla Burbon Porter
1 x Beetroot Saison.

Not going to review them as I am sure they were done to death last year.. but one word
SENSATIONAL.

Thanks to last years winner !!

2014? or am I a week early on this bump.. Getting very keen seeing all these case swaps

Back