Christmas In July Lotto 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did answer your Pm. On the fourth of June.

Yeh then at 5.08 on the 4th June I sent a reply asking what else did you want other than the Red ale..And that I didnt have any Black IPA left..Im still waiting for you to tell me what else you wanted or if you just wanted 3 red ales.. :D

Send to second place
10. QldKev - modified position
12. QldKev - modified position
14. QldKev - modified position

22.joshisgood - modified position
42. Wolfman
44.joshisgood
47. Truman
48. Rowy
49. Camo1234
50. Trippers
52. mxd
54. jyo
55. Josh
56. Sponge
60.iamozziyob

Don't forget to post yours!

Ahh feck. Sorry wolfman, I got a PM regarding the beer I owed Nick and forgot all about my other entry into the lotto.

I'll send off one of the xmas ales I sent to him to you quick smart.

Sorry for the delay, Ill PM you now.

I was literally packing my bottles up as this came up, I forgot but actually remembered on my own...

Hey Wolfman. I'm kegging and bottling the Red tonight. I'll post on Monday so you should have it by Friday with good old Aus post :)

Cheers.

Wolf/Nick

Have you guys both received my beers at all?

They've both been sent off now and just thought I'd chase up where they're at

Cheers, Sponge

Sorry Sponge, yes, got yours.

Thought I'd PMed you a thanks, but must not have...

Thanks!!!

Nick

Ok guys, I've had a crazy few weeks of late with a new role at work but I have a nice stock pile of beers and have been going through a few every few days.

Unfortunately I am fairly new to the whole brewing world (18 months) so my "feedback" shouldn't been seen as such as I honestly have no idea what I am talking about except that I know what I like in a beer :D

The one thing that I didn't realise was that there would be a fair bit of admin to complete after winning this comp to keep track of the beers etc but I now have a spreadsheet set up to keep track...(first world problems, i know!)

I am not sure where I am meant to officially post feedback etc but I thought I would throw a few picks and brief comments up here to thank the kind guys for their beers!

First cab off the rank was Bowie in Space's "Emma's Pale Ale". I thought all of my christmases had come at once when I had this as it was one very clean and refreshing pale ale... I believe it was brewed for his wife's birthday so I got SWMBO to give it a go and she was impressed (she doesn't drink beer at all!)... The taste of this was so clean that it could have easily been a commercially brewed beer!

Bowie_in_space.JPG

Next cab off the rank was Mayor of Mildura's "Truffles", it was a Robust Porter with Jack Daniels and Vanilla added... Sorry for the dodgy pick, but I had this during the second state of origin after a few of my own and it was an extremely nice "sipper".... the jack wasn't overpowering but a very well balanced porter. The good Mayor also sent me a Barley Wine that I have put away for a few months to age and will enjoy down the track.

Mayor_of_mildura.JPG

Third beer has been Wolfman's Saison.... This was the first Saison I have tasted and honestly didn't know what I was looking for but this was a very refreshing brew and one that I would love to knock a few back of on a summer arvo after working in the yard!

wolfman.JPG

Next up was one of Bullsneck's beers... an English Pale Ale.... exactly the kind of beer that I like to drink myself and thoroughly enjoyed this one as well!

Bullsneck__1.JPG

Last but certainly not least is keifer33's "Citra 10 min IPA"... I haven't had alot of IPAs as the few that I have tried have been too in your face but I am absolutely loving this one (as I type) and will be looking to give this one a go in the not too distant future!

(Sorry.... run out of space so will post the rest in the next message)

here is Keifer33's IPA:

Keifer33.JPG

Sorry for the dodgy picks and low level feedback!

I have been thoroughly stoked with winning this comp as it is opening my eyes to the power of the Home Brew World... I love it that I already think I make great beer but can see that I still have a long way to go and develop my skill as a brewer!... I just wish I had more time to brew!

I have alot of other beers either maturing or in the fridge and will endeavour to post each beer that I try over the next month or so.

ps... please let me know if this should have been posted in another thread?

Camo :icon_cheers:

Glad youy enjoyed in Camo just about to pour myself one!

Shit, sorry FB, did get yours. Trying to keep track of PMs is hard work! Pretty sure I've got everyone's except Camo which is in the post.

Cheers

Shit, sorry FB, did get yours. Trying to keep track of PMs is hard work! Pretty sure I've got everyone's except Camo which is in the post.

Cheers

No worries, I did say to get back to me if you didn't see it in the PM! I just get paranoid about stuff getting lost in the bowels of Australia Post!

Third beer has been Wolfman's Saison.... This was the first Saison I have tasted and honestly didn't know what I was looking for but this was a very refreshing brew and one that I would love to knock a few back of on a summer arvo after working in the yard!

View attachment 55622
Sure does look like a nice beer Camo

OK, finally getting into these beers!

First cab (beer?) off the rank thanks to 'fridge Lucky Dip' is RobV's Simcoe APA....

01___RobV_Pic.jpg

Pours a slightly hazy deep golden colour, rocky, long lasting head.

01___RobV_Simcoe_APA.jpg

Lovely aroma and flavour of citrussy Simcoe... A very nice beer mate!!

Cheers

OK, finally getting into these beers!

First cab (beer?) off the rank thanks to 'fridge Lucky Dip' is RobV's Simcoe APA....

View attachment 55711

Pours a slightly hazy deep golden colour, rocky, long lasting head.

View attachment 55712

Lovely aroma and flavour of citrussy Simcoe... A very nice beer mate!!

Cheers

Hi Nick

Thanks for the awesome feedback mate.

Cheers

Rob

Back