Christchurch Hammered Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so sad..

the inlaws have family over there.. not far from the centre of the quake..

hoping everyone is ok.. :(

Our thoughts are with all in NZ going through this.

Mother Nature has been unleashing some serious extremes these past few months.

Just got word one of our company offices had the stairwell collapse, but the people inside are ok and have food supplies. They are on Level 12 though. Could be a long wait to be rescued.

saw this on the twitter feed on the telegraph website..

Toa5t RT @yeastieboys: RT @beerlytweeting: Ralph #threeboysbrewing and family are ok, house damaged, brewery "fucked" #eqnz

I know a few people in Christchurch and haven't heard if everyone is ok yet. Some of them are still living in houses damaged from the last quake. I fly into Dunedin next weekend to see family and will no doubt hear some interesting stories about it. Dunedin was also shaking and is 300km south of Christchurch. There's bound to be more aftershocks too. Chch is such a nice place, shame it's been hit so hard. I've been in earthquakes in NZ that wake you up at night with a few glasses and plates falling off shelves etc and even those little ones make you feel insignificant in relation to the power of the Earth. Yes, the Red Cross will be a worthy appeal to donate to.

Latest posts

Back