Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From some guy who has only posted all but a few posts on this forum, who is just as obscure .

And I got news for you too, once this is over, I'll go back to mystic world of Internet radio, Great beers, and living in Utopia. More to the world than Australia, and the listening audience testifies.

Yes you got it right, "Lurk Mode"

Craftbrewer

Theres been talk that Incider wants to roll Sully around in 300kgs of hops and scrape the hop hash of him and smoke it. but hey its only a rumour.

It's no rumour! But I have to get him to have a few lemonades before he rolls around!

Just like the Famous QLD Xmas Case Swaps

boryeong_mud_festival_2009_00.jpg

1) And I got news for you too, once this is over, I'll go back to mystic world of Internet radio, Great beers, and living in Utopia.

2) More to the world than Australia, and the listening audience testifies.

3) Yes you got it right, "Lurk Mode"

Craftbrewer

Townsville ,

1)Dont go back to the mystic world of entertainment , stay in the real world :)

2) Yes I know, let me guess mmmmmmm... China .( only Joking )

3) Lurking is not interactive.

Just because people disagree doesn not mean they have to dislike each other, is that one of the best things about a forum where opinions can be discussed and ideas developed ,sometimes people are right sometmes they are wrong .Have you never been in a pub in 'Utopia' and seen two freinds arguing a topic.

There are many brewers who are passsionate about thier brewing.
Look how CAMRA have revitalised Cask Ale in the UK but at the same time they have limited some innovations the publican wishes to do ,that may improve the Cask ale, like flooding the air space with CO2 to stop cask ale going off quickly .

Hope all goes well with the BB .

Pumpy :)

See the wee little palm tree centre bottom?

So is the structure white sandstone?

I think the tree is actually a topiary shrub, not a palm tree...

The building is made of some adobe type stuff, and the minaret is made of brick. Totally awesome structure.

This thread is making me think I should have got some marco-polo as well, just so I could make some witty postcolonial beer label.....

>>>>1)Dont go back to the mystic world of entertainment , stay in the real world :)
<<<<<<<<

But what about all tose people who as strange as it sounds, actually like to listen to me ramble on!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant disappoint

>>>>2) Yes I know, let me guess mmmmmmm... China .( only Joking )<<<<

Strange as it sounds, I do have a strong listener base in China

>>>>3) Lurking is not interactive.<<<<

It is when I talk to myself

>>>>Just because people disagree doesn not mean they have to dislike each other, is that one of the best things about a forum where opinions can be discussed and ideas developed ,sometimes people are right sometmes they are wrong .Have you never been in a pub in 'Utopia' and seen two freinds arguing a topic.<<<<

Its not you mate, I could carry on all day - Heck I do carry on all day. Been banned from more forums than I care to remember (got to love proxy sites, I just jump right back in)

Forums like this just bore the death out of me, thats all (elletist fellow that I am.)

>>>There are many brewers who are passsionate about thier brewing<<<<<

Oh I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>>>Hope all goes well with the BB .<<<<

I have lost count how many times I have done this, So dont see any problems, ALTHOUGH this is a first for getting them in from overseas.

Shout
Craftbrewer

I have also been asked by some "why do this, you dont come on this forum"

Well one thing I have loved about this hobby in the 30 plus years of brewing, is I am always learning new skills. Its amazing what you learn, and then realise you dont know a lot more.

Even now after all these years the challenges remain. Buying hops cheap is no challenge. Organising a bulk buy works because we have a great community. No!!!! the challenge that has brought me out of "lurk mode" and is exciting is

1. Can we organise something on this scale from Overseas
2. Gee I am soooooooo keen to try these Chinese hops its almost orgasm time

- I feel like a kid again with my first hop cones, about to throw them in the kettle. Haven't felt like that for a while. Its like getting some new rare kind of hop.

Its holds to another saying "Fear No Beer"

Graham L Sanders

Yep those lucky guys committed to a kilo of Marco Polo hops who are going to have to make a couple of hundred litres of some obscure beer ,Yoooooo !!!

From some guy who has only posted all but a few posts on this forum, who is just as obscure .

If brewing quality styles of beer, is all about getting your hops from some poor guy who has been paid a 'pittance' for his trouble,
then 'good on ya' , then sit at home drinking your pissy 'Marco Polo beer' and count what cents you have saved .

You may as well go and buy some VB, than call yourself a craft brewer .

Pumpy :)

:ph34r: :lol: :lol:

>>>>1)Dont go back to the mystic world of entertainment , stay in the real world :)
<<<<<<<<

But what about all tose people who as strange as it sounds, actually like to listen to me ramble on!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant disappoint

>>>>2) Yes I know, let me guess mmmmmmm... China .( only Joking )<<<<

Strange as it sounds, I do have a strong listener base in China

>>>>3) Lurking is not interactive.<<<<

It is when I talk to myself

>>>>Just because people disagree doesn not mean they have to dislike each other, is that one of the best things about a forum where opinions can be discussed and ideas developed ,sometimes people are right sometmes they are wrong .Have you never been in a pub in 'Utopia' and seen two freinds arguing a topic.<<<<

Its not you mate, I could carry on all day - Heck I do carry on all day. Been banned from more forums than I care to remember (got to love proxy sites, I just jump right back in)

Forums like this just bore the death out of me, thats all (elletist fellow that I am.)

>>>There are many brewers who are passsionate about thier brewing<<<<<

Oh I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>>>Hope all goes well with the BB .<<<<

I have lost count how many times I have done this, So dont see any problems, ALTHOUGH this is a first for getting them in from overseas.

Shout
Craftbrewer

Wow, so why were you banned from more forums than you can remember?

stagga.

What quantities of hops are you & your radio mate getting Graham and are you paying the same prices as the rest of the list?

If yours are free because you organised the bulk buy nice work.

So we'll see you again this time next year when you've used up your free hops?

Jez

Wow, so why were you banned from more forums than you can remember?

Oh dear, you haven't notices that I am opinionated, I can put people offside, polarise normally happy forums, I encourage people to break the law, a bit of a rebel

Anyone want a free Windows 7 with their hop order. Been using the final version, fully cracked and updated with 30 patches since end of July.Yes the RTM version. or what about a fully cracked version of Promash. Beersmith too if you like. I better stop!!!!!

Craftbrewer

Edit - anyone remember me getting a thread on getting cheap LPG pulled because I suggested you go to the .............. to get it filled

What quantities of hops are you & your radio mate getting Graham and are you paying the same prices as the rest of the list?

If yours are free because you organised the bulk buy nice work.

So we'll see you again this time next year when you've used up your free hops?

Jez

Only getting a kilo of each to play with

Nope wont be getting it free, same price as you lot. If funds are ok, probably will "help" those a little who pack, and on the committee. If we get them real cheap, a gold coin or two will be in your delivery.

Will you see me next year. Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if the love is there, and the demand. I will have this bulk ordering from China down pat!!!!!!!!!!

Craftbrewer

Now that the dust has settled a little can I just say that I don't see this as being too different to what I and I'm sure a few others do at the moment. I.e. buy hops from your favourite retailer in as big an amount as you can to get a good price break, then repack them at home with your handy-dandy vac-packer and stash them in the freezer till required. I don't see the point in paying a premium for small packets of Hops when you can substantially reduce your costs by doing a little work yourself.

Campbell
just trying to drive my dollars further.

P.S. Thanks for all the info and help on the "other" forum years ago, Graham.

P.S. Thanks for all the info and help on the "other" forum years ago, Graham.

Yeh, those were good times. heaps of learning, advice was rock solid, no riff-raff, full of experts, just a solid forum for those really keen to learn how to brew.

The Australian HBD as i called it.

Its time had come and gone.

Craftbrewer

A couple cost factors
Saaz hops are picked anually by the hands of lovely young goddesses.
The chinese ones get pelletized in a machine which spends the off season processing rat bait pellets. ;)

Best one so far love it lol :lol:

Just because people disagree doesn not mean they have to dislike each other, is that one of the best things about a forum where opinions can be discussed and ideas developed ,sometimes people are right sometmes they are wrong

I agree with this sentiment 100% but I'm not sure it is borne in the reality of how this board works. Don't get me wrong, I think it is pretty great (well run, great info, great people, good laugh where appropriate) - I'm just not sure people are as willing to read opposing opinions as they are to post them.

I agree with this sentiment 100% but I'm not sure it is borne in the reality of how this board works. Don't get me wrong, I think it is pretty great (well run, great info, great people, good laugh where appropriate) - I'm just not sure people are as willing to read opposing opinions as they are to post them.

isnt that the truth

Yeh, those were good times. heaps of learning, advice was rock solid, no riff-raff, full of experts, just a solid forum for those really keen to learn how to brew.

The Australian HBD as i called it.

Its time had come and gone.

Craftbrewer

Which forum was that, Graham?

stagga.

Things more at break neck pace people

To give us an idea for Mondays launch, those interested want to add if they want cascade and how much (want to see what demand.)and update their order if it changed Please dont add any new names, you will get your chance Monday. This exercise is to guage from existing orders the demand for Cascade, if your order has changed with all the info etc.

Yes I have kept those few who have pulled (may change their mind), and I assume you have read the terms and conditions.

NOTE: one of each if not changed will just mean 1 each of the first three hops, Saaz, Cluster, Marco Polo, If you want extra, be specific, and change the wording to say exactly what you want

Costs are close
while not set in stone these look extremely close (may round to the nearest dollar yet (and will give excess money returned in the packing)

Saaz/Cluster - $12.00 a kilo
Cascade - $12.50 a kilo
Marco Polo - $14.50 a kilo

I'll break this down when I have a little more information today

Nugget hop
if you want Nugget, knowing nothing about it, except it will arround Saaz price, then give me an indication too

QldKev 2kg MARCO POLO, 2kg CLUSTER, 2kg SAAZ, QLD
KillerRx4 - 1kg MARCO POLO, 1kg CLUSTER, 1kg SAAZ. Penrith, NSW
Brads brew -1kg MARCO POLO, 1kg CLUSTER, 1kg SAAZ, QLD
AndrewQLD - 1kg Cluster 1 kg Marco Polo, QLD
Leigh -1kg MARCO POLO, 1kg CLUSTER, 1kg SAAZ VIC, Melbourne
Ross 5kg each of all 3, QLD
Beer&Kebab 1kg of all 3. Bathurst, NSW
dth - 3kg Saaz - Emerald, QLD
ham2k - 2kg Saaz - Sydney, NSW
Chappo - 5kg each of all 3, QLD
BribieG - 1kg Cluster, 1kg Saaz, QLD
etbandit - 1kg Saaz, 1kg Marco Polo.
Winkle - 1 kg MP. Saaz, QLD
Batz- 2kg each, QLD
crozdog - 1kg each Sydney NSW
Gruntus - 2kg Saaz, 1kg Marco Polo - Sydney NSW
L_Bomb - 1kg Saaz, 1kg Cluster, WA Perth
Altstart 3kg of each
ratchie 1kg of each QLD Nambour
rosswill 1 kg of each
OzMick 1 kg of each Brisbane, QLD
Voota 2kg of all three - melbourne
peas_and_corn 1kg of each
jimmyjack 1 kg of each QLD
BusinessTime 1 kg of each - Sydney NSW
christmasbender 1kg each please - melbourne
Phonos 1kg Saaz, 1kg Marco Polo Sydney NSW
Pollux 1kg of each.
Marlow_coates 1kg of each QLD, Brisbane
Jimi 1kg of each - VIC, Colac
Leiothrix 1kg of each
Maple 1kg of all 3 varieties - VIC, Melbourne
Jonnyanchovy 1kg saaz
boddingtons best 1Kg Marco Polo 1Kg Cluster 2Kg Saaz - Melb VIC
Duff 1kg Marco Polo 1kg Saaz, QLD
Citymorgue2 1kg of all 3 varieties VIC, Melbourne
Darkman 1kg of all varieties, Melbourne
NickB 1kg of each, QLD
Steve 1kg of each - ACT, Canberra
Katie 1kg of each - WA Perth
raven19 1kg of each. Adelaide, SA
marksfish. 1kg of each
Ilike beer 1kg of each - Vic, Portland
Brewer Pete 1kg of each - ACT, Canberra
Troopa 5Kg Saaz, 1Kg Marco Polo - NSW, Hunter valley
Doogiechap 1Kg of each - WA Perth
sinkas 1Kg of Each - WA Perth
Redbeard 2kg Saaz Sydney NSW
Stillscottish 1kg Saaz, 1kg Cluster, QLD
kram 1kg of each QLD
beerhog 2kg saaz vic melbourne
hairofthedog 1kg of each melbourne
regulator 1kg of each sydney
cozmocracker 1kg of each Canberra
DiscoStu 1kg Cluster, 1Kg Saaz, Sydney NSW
dj1984 1 kg of each Adelaide
tomtoro 2kg of each, Brisbane QLD
Hogan 1kg of each. Sydney, NSW.
Wrenny 1kg Cluster, 1kg Saaz, Brisbane Qld

Current Totals:

60kg Marco Polo
59kg Cluster
80kg Saaz

Things more at break neck pace people

To give us an idea for Mondays launch, those interested want to add if they want cascade and how much (want to see what demand.) Please dont add any new names, you will get your chance Monday. This exercise is to guage from existing orders the demand for Cascade

Yes I have kept those few who have pulled (may change their mind), and I assume you have read the terms and conditions.

Costs are close
while not set in stone these look extremely close

Saaz/Cluster - $12.00 a kilo
Cascade - $12.50 a kilo
Marco Polo - $14.50 a kilo

I'll break this down when I have a little more information today

QldKev 2kg MARCO POLO, 2kg CLUSTER, 2kg SAAZ, QLD
KillerRx4 - 1kg MARCO POLO, 1kg CLUSTER, 1kg SAAZ. Penrith, NSW
Brads brew -1kg MARCO POLO, 1kg CLUSTER, 1kg SAAZ, QLD
AndrewQLD - 1kg Cluster 1 kg Marco Polo, QLD
Leigh -1kg MARCO POLO, 1kg CLUSTER, 1kg SAAZ VIC, Melbourne
Ross 5kg each of all 3, QLD
Beer&Kebab 1kg of all 3. Bathurst, NSW
dth - 3kg Saaz - Emerald, QLD
ham2k - 2kg Saaz - Sydney, NSW
Chappo - 5kg each of all 3, QLD
BribieG - 1kg Cluster, 1kg Saaz, QLD
etbandit - 1kg Saaz, 1kg Marco Polo.
Winkle - 1 kg MP. Saaz, QLD
Batz- 2kg each, QLD
crozdog - 1kg each Sydney NSW
Gruntus - 2kg Saaz, 1kg Marco Polo - Sydney NSW
L_Bomb - 1kg Saaz, 1kg Cluster, WA Perth
Altstart 3kg of each
ratchie 1kg of each QLD Nambour
rosswill 1 kg of each
OzMick 1 kg of each Brisbane, QLD
Voota 2kg of all three - melbourne
peas_and_corn 1kg of each
jimmyjack 1 kg of each QLD
BusinessTime 1 kg of each - Sydney NSW
christmasbender 1kg each please - melbourne
Phonos 1kg Saaz, 1kg Marco Polo Sydney NSW
Pollux 1kg of each.
Marlow_coates 1kg of each QLD, Brisbane
Jimi 1kg of each - VIC, Colac
Leiothrix 1kg of each
Maple 1kg of all 3 varieties - VIC, Melbourne
Jonnyanchovy 1kg saaz
boddingtons best 1Kg Marco Polo 1Kg Cluster 2Kg Saaz - Melb VIC
Duff 1kg Marco Polo 1kg Saaz, QLD
Citymorgue2 1kg of all 3 varieties VIC, Melbourne
Darkman 1kg of all varieties, Melbourne
NickB 1kg of each, QLD
Steve 1kg of each - ACT, Canberra
Katie 1kg of each - WA Perth
raven19 1kg of each. Adelaide, SA
marksfish. 1kg of each
Ilike beer 1kg of each - Vic, Portland
Brewer Pete 1kg of each - ACT, Canberra
Troopa 5Kg Saaz, 1Kg Marco Polo - NSW, Hunter valley
Doogiechap 1Kg of each - WA Perth
sinkas 1Kg of Each - WA Perth
Redbeard 2kg Saaz Sydney NSW
Stillscottish 1kg Saaz, 1kg Cluster, QLD
kram 1kg of each QLD
beerhog 2kg saaz vic melbourne
hairofthedog 1kg of each melbourne
regulator 1kg of each sydney
cozmocracker 1kg of each Canberra
DiscoStu 1kg Cluster, 1Kg Saaz, Sydney NSW
dj1984 1 kg of each Adelaide
tomtoro 2kg of each, Brisbane QLD
Hogan 1kg of each. Sydney, NSW.
Wrenny 1kg Cluster, 1kg Saaz, Brisbane Qld

Current Totals:

60kg Marco Polo
59kg Cluster
80kg Saaz

What happened to the Nugget (Post 413) Graham?
Is it still available & if so can it be added to the above orders as well?

TP

What happened to the Nugget (Post 413) Graham?
Is it still available & if so can it be added to the above orders as well?
TP

All they have said is they have nugget, BUT haven't got AAU's or any other details at this stage. I didn't want to throw it in the mix as we dont knw anything about it

BUT if you want Nugget, knowing nothing about it, except it will arround Saaz price, then give me an indication too

Graham

Back