Chinees Hops, Beware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hypothetically, if someone were to get them tested for whatever nasties are in there, what facilities would be required and what would you test for ?

cheers

Contact customs and quarantine, if they let it into the country then they will pick up the tab on testing and disposal should it be a problem.....

Stupidity & tight arsedness!

Enjoy the quality of that Chinese Pilsener!
Cheers
Gerard

how about ASSumption ?

I didn't participate in the chinese hop fiasco gerard, like I said, just curious to know what nasties they would hold.

Dave

Stupidity & tight arsedness!

Enjoy the quality of that Chinese Pilsener!
Cheers
Gerard

:lol: :lol:

Ling Ling, "hello" ...... "aaah I got da hair in aaah da bik mak, very upset you know, no happee" :lol:

Has anyone thought that there could be a simple answer to this - is there any air in the pack ?

If so it would expand when it warms up :eek:

To test this theory you could just sling the pack back in the freezer and it should return to the original shape.

Pretty sure he said it puffed up while frozen.

So he took them out of the freezer to throw them out and then later rummaged through the bin to check on their welfare?

You're a weird man, Gregs.

Slightly :icon_offtopic: but does Tsing Tao use Chinese hops?

hypothetically, if someone were to get them tested for whatever nasties are in there, what facilities would be required and what would you test for ?

I'll do the testing if you ship some to me. I'll slip some into my mother-in-law's tea. If she dies, I'll let you know.

;)

Now that would be a good drink to share around Bribie, I’ll be down your way in July visiting some friends on Bribie Island, would I be welcome? I can bring some of my own and we could swap notes. :)
Consider yourself pencilled in :) I'll be in comp mode then, and should be some good quaffers on tap by then.

Cheers

Consider yourself pencilled in :) I'll be in comp mode then, and should be some good quaffers on tap by then.

Cheers

Ill message you the week previous Bribie, its a social golf day with a few good mates. I cant hit a ball for shit but its a great day, youre welcome to come along even if all you do is drive the buggy and have a few beers. If not Ill sit on the porch with you and have a few.

Cheers. Gregs. :)

I'll do the testing if you ship some to me. I'll slip some into my mother-in-law's tea. If she dies, I'll let you know.

;)

:lol:

nah mate i wasn't involved, maybe one of the victims blokes that did buy some will send it on to you

cheers

Has anyone thought that there could be a simple answer to this - is there any air in the pack ?

If so it would expand when it warms up :eek:

To test this theory you could just sling the pack back in the freezer and it should return to the original shape.

Pay attention! This happened whilst they were frozen in the freezer with all of our other frozen goods i.e.: fish, beef, ice cream, ECT. Everything is still frozen and intact, except the hops.

'antifreeze' as a preservative

Mine are all gone and doing whatever bad chinese hops do at the tip

Pay attention! This happened whilst they were frozen in the freezer with all of our other frozen goods i.e.: fish, beef, ice cream, ECT. Everything is still frozen and intact, except the hops.

Sounds like your freezer needs....

American Defense!
american.jpg

americandefense.jpg

[With apologies to Terry Gilliam, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Graham Chapman (RIP), Eric Idle and Terry Gilliam]

If so it would expand when it warms up ohmy.gif
Given that the items are packed at room temperature and then frozen, there is no reason (if it's still sealed) why they would expand when warmed up.
Nothing I have ever defrosted after vacuum sealing and freezing has ever expanded upon defrosting it.

anyone wanna buy some hops :icon_vomit:

QldKev

Kev, I bet youll still have these hops 12 months from now if you havent already used them.

By the way, the Chinees hoped contraption of a beer you fed Scott has fixed up his infected throat. I think you may be on to something and your about to make billions selling it to pharmaceutical companies worldwide.

What was that recipe again?

Back