Chinees Hops, Beware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please guys be civil, Im not whinging about the hops I just thought the photos would be a point of interest. My intention was to show the activity thats going on the vacuumed bag RE food safety. I know that the whole Chinees hop debacle has been more than over state in these forums but what happened here was well worth showing.

I certainly wasnt after a bashing.

Greg.

Ahem!!! :ph34r:

Cheers Ross

You should have sold them to him Chap..... although this may seem imposible i think im the only one to have ever sold Ross something :)

God im glad i never bought in on this :lol:

My intention was to show the activity thats going on the vacuumed bag RE food safety..

Greg.

Did they come already vac packed from China? :ph34r:

Maybe the food safety breach happened when they were vac packed??? Anyone thought of this? :ph34r:

I reckon AQIS or you local Dept of Primary Industries would be interested in have a look along with Townvilles contact details.

was probably the DDT and Agent Orange they use in China, reacting with the acids in the hop cones... creating a nasty clorine gas type thing!

Mmmmmmmmm YUM!

I watched an ant try to climb a wall in my house in India quite a few years ago. Climb, climb climb - slip. Climb, climb climb - slip. Climb, climb climb - slip ... DEAD.

Asked around: "oh yes, it's the DDT to contain the Malaria. We spray it on the walls of houses."

WTF - I've been leaning on those walls with no shirt on.

When living in Taiwan some years later I was told by co-workers that, "We are spraying DDT because of the Dengue Fever Mosquitos." Not again, I thought. Turns out the word for normal "Fly Spray" in Mandarin is DDT when translated.

Do you guys know how much of the Chinese seafood is tested in Australia? Go find out - it'll be the last time you buy cheap Chinese scallops (a filter feeder - where in China is "clean" water?); the prawns are seedy enough with the crunchy poop chute full of Chinese detritus.

I drank heaps of Melamine laced iced coffee ... yup, checked the brands and all. Add that to my UK beef consumption and the only consolation is I don't have to give blood. :( Because they won't let me.

Chinese hops in China? I'll bet they are pretty nice. The ones they sell to Whitey? Not so nice.

Go find out - it'll be the last time you buy cheap Chinese scallops (a filter feeder - where in China is "clean" water?); the prawns are seedy enough with the crunchy poop chute full of Chinese detritus.

You been away too long Nick. Chinese scallops come from banjo sharks caught in Port Phillip Bay with the handy addition of a leather punch! :ph34r: :lol:

I watched an ant try to climb a wall in my house in India quite a few years ago. Climb, climb climb - slip. Climb, climb climb - slip. Climb, climb climb - slip ... DEAD.

Asked around: "oh yes, it's the DDT to contain the Malaria. We spray it on the walls of houses."

WTF - I've been leaning on those walls with no shirt on.

When living in Taiwan some years later I was told by co-workers that, "We are spraying DDT because of the Dengue Fever Mosquitos." Not again, I thought. Turns out the word for normal "Fly Spray" in Mandarin is DDT when translated.

Do you guys know how much of the Chinese seafood is tested in Australia? Go find out - it'll be the last time you buy cheap Chinese scallops (a filter feeder - where in China is "clean" water?); the prawns are seedy enough with the crunchy poop chute full of Chinese detritus.

I drank heaps of Melamine laced iced coffee ... yup, checked the brands and all. Add that to my UK beef consumption and the only consolation is I don't have to give blood. :( Because they won't let me.

Chinese hops in China? I'll bet they are pretty nice. The ones they sell to Whitey? Not so nice.

wheres the icon thing for passing a tissue over a bridge?

Back