Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Discussion in 'Brew Food' started by InCider, 2/6/07.

1. Zorco

Pro

Posted 18/1/18
    i love chilli claus and the christmas carols video

Dave70 likes this.
  2. wide eyed and legless

Posted 2/2/18
    Looks like I will be getting a bumper crop of Long Cayenne and Birds eye this year that last dose of rain we had really pushed them along, got some white Habanero but don't seem to grow very big.

3. hoppy2B

Home Page:
    Posted 6/4/18
    Could be sunburn causing the brown area on your chilli. Shade-cloth when it is really hot may help.

The little chilli could be a Serrano if it isn't a Jalapeno.

4. fungrel

IT Wench
    Posted 11/4/18
    Just like there are definitive books for brewing, can anyone suggest a book or two to help speed my knowledge of growing chillies?
    I'm also assuming that there are sites too.
    Growing a hydro Jalapeno, Carolina Reaper and dirt grown Trinidad Scorpion. Landscaping garden over winter to prepare for a huge bed and looking for varieties and info. The in-laws are insane over chillies and they have a lot of Thai varieties that i can steal, looking for something exotic, grows huge and tastes a little sweeter than the Thai varieties as i want to ferment using lacto.

5. wide eyed and legless

Posted 11/4/18
    I just google for any gardening problems, I Hydro grew Carolina Reaper and Habenero chili not the season past but the previous season, after this years harvest I will have enough to last me a couple of years after drying. I have found that aphids simply love chili and capsicum plants, tried allsorts to remove them I think the most effective was high pressure water spray to blast them off.

6. munta

Posted 11/4/18
    I had some reapers and Trinidad scorpions in th freezer, the mother in law found them and thought the were mini capsicums or something, she threw them into a stir fry and it was like pepper spray gas. The kitchen was full of fumes burning eyes and hard to breathe. Damn strong chillis

wide eyed and legless likes this.