Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samuel Adams said:
Would I be right in thinking these are actually white habs ?
attachicon.gif
H2_2.jpg
Purchased from bunnings and labeled as yellow.
I dunno. I have the same chilli, the colour is shit.
Much prefer the look of the choc and the orange.

Make some fermented sauce, you won't be sorry.

I need to make some again soon.

You could do as stu suggests and dry some, especially the cayenne, I always dry mine, only trouble is chopping them afterwards they end up flying all over the place like a mad woman's shit.
Those habs could still be yellow even if they are a bit off colour.

wide eyed and legless said:
You could do as stu suggests and dry some, especially the cayenne, I always dry mine, only trouble is chopping them afterwards they end up flying all over the place like a mad woman's shit.
Those habs could still be yellow even if they are a bit off colour.
Do you dry them in the oven at low temps or just room temp ?
I did make some chilli flakes last season with a heap of birds eyes, I put them in the oven then blitzed them up.

Any of you perverts out there growing Peter peppers ?

I cunningly swiped an over-ripe chilli off a plant at a nursery yesterday, googled it today and saw that it can grow like this....disgusting !

image.jpg

Won't someone think of the children ?!

Apparently, it's tasty but only 3/10 for heat (so might be good used for stuffing [HA !] )

This is the one I picked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 15
My poblano plants are about 0.5 to 1 metre high. Most are still flowering, but there is also a few fruits.
However some of the fruits have gone rotten in patches (mostly towards the bottom of the fruit) while still on the plant.

Is this because I was too lazy with the watering?

Sounds a lot like fruit fly. Cut a few open and if you see grubs, it's fruit fly.

and toss all the rotting ones away from the plants, including any that have fallen on the ground

I toss all the rotten ones back around the plant so if my main plant dies on a winter frost I have seeds already in the dirt ready to go at the end of winter.

Well that's my silly theory and it worked last year :lol:

I couldn't see any grubs at all in the one I just cut open.

There was a patch inside of like a mouldy / spider-web / something in the rotten area.

I scratched it up to see if anything was inside, but it just seemed to be sitting on the surface.

Orange Habs, best chilli getting about IMO WarmerBeer. For my taste and growing conditions anyway.

shaunous said:
I toss all the rotten ones back around the plant so if my main plant dies on a winter frost I have seeds already in the dirt ready to go at the end of winter.

Dont worry, that works. Had heaps of seedling sprout in my garden from chillies that just dropped on the ground

shaunous said:

Ducatiboy stu said:
Dont worry, that works. Had heaps of seedling sprout in my garden from chillies that just dropped on the ground
It works great for breeding up a population of fruit fly too!*

*if they're rotting from fruit fly.

Yeah. Not no fruit fly down there. . . Lucky bastards. I suppose they have to have something to make up for the fact that they live in Tassie.

Latest posts

Back