Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danwood said:
I only have one chilli from a guy at work, or I'd offer you some mate. I may have to try to grab a few more to improve my odds.
Thanks anyway, but I'd rather grab something from Sydney, even if you could spare it. More likely to survive the journey. Still keeping my eyes peeled.

My little chillies.

Picked my first jalepeno last night. God damn it was 100x hotter then any other i have tried. (Subway for example).

1604651_10152103882854471_945191498_n.jpg

Chillies in kegs!

1891090_10152087190159471_1416829340_n.jpg

First two people to PST me can have some (known good, that I have germinated from) rocoto seeds for free in the post!

Nick R said:
First two people to PST me can have some (known good, that I have germinated from) rocoto seeds for free in the post!
I can't not jump on that!

Psst...

WHOA!

Freebies are always popular! All spoken for thanks, no more messages please!

I picked 48 hot thai chilis to make sour chili jam last weekend. Looks like the bush hasn't even been touched. I reckon there must be another 200 on there at least.

Might have a go at some harissa next.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
You wouldn't blend all that into one smoothie and drink it as a nek nomination.... :p
I feel I'd drop dead just opening the blender.... pass.

My chilli plants did nothing this year, if anyone has some rippers and collects some seeds after harvesting, I'd much appreciate some to try and grow from a known strong variety in VIC :)

DJ_L3ThAL said:
My chilli plants did nothing this year, if anyone has some rippers and collects some seeds after harvesting, I'd much appreciate some to try and grow from a known strong variety in VIC :)
Bummer, I am still waiting on mine.

I have Trinidad Scorpion, Chocolate Habanero, Fatali and Trinidad Yellow 7pods. have only harvested 2 chillies of the 7pods so far. Otherwise, zilch.

The Scorpion and Habs are covered in flowers though. Fingers crossed we get enough late summer sun for them to fruit properly.

Roccoco chillies grow like nuts in Melbourne. I have also had luck with some Orang Habs.

My red habs are having a second flush of fruiting. Flowers everwhere, and just about to pick the first crop of bright red habs soon.

Just a question, how do your partners go with your love for chilli?

Mine is starting to enjoy a little more heat as time goes on, although still gets annoyed when I order any meal at a restaurant and request it 'extra hot' as she will want to try some.

Since going out with other couples and whatnot as well, and this whole sharing of meals things that seems to come with it, I've been lowered to ordering a side plate of chilli with my meal, which just isn't the same IMO.

It gets pretty awkward when you have people over and accidentally tip your chilli portion into the dish, making the visitors sweat and cry whilst you sit there enjoying yourself. That was a big mistake on my part though :ph34r:

Wife is doing well, she'll make a vindaloo with 2 nagas in it on the odd occasion.
Kids are doing better too, not hot but they don't notice a few fiestas.

My missus likes chilli now, never used to, and now she puts chilli in everything, never super spicy though.

My mother, father and middle brother though, are fukin hopeless. Can't even stand Subway Jalepeno's.

Partial cross post from the "Smoking Meat" thread, but I think it's more than appropriate here:

Home grown Jalapenos, about to be turned into chipotles

m6CFxPG.jpg

Pickled Jalapenos

z3C81RA.jpg

Awesome Small Fry!

My Apache bush is going gangbusters, but my Habenero is just idling for the last 6 weeks.....

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I planted mine a bit late, so they are only just recently flowering. Happy to send some chilli's your way once they get going (assuming the weather doesn't turn too soon).
That way, you can taste them and keep any seeds from the ones you like. Not sure what varieties they are, got given the seeds by an old Malaysian lady.

Latest posts

Back