Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my setup. It went for a smaller size freezer BUT got a new one. I could of got a bigger one but I was not too keen on it shitting itself 3 weeks after building a collar and moving it downstairs. So a nice new freezer that fits 4 kegs easy with a collar was good for me.

taps1.jpgtaps2.jpg
taps3.jpgtaps4.jpg

That looks good SJW
There is a smaller chest freezer for sale just around the corner from me that I may be able to do the same with.

Starting to get too many ideas now.....Always leads to more money being spent.....

160 litres rings a bell. Its just the smallest one that Fisher & Pykel do. I got it at the x-mas sales for the Good Guys. All the second hand ones I saw looked like crap and SWMBO would not have them in the house.

Thanks & Sweet, I'm been thinking about a 200 ltr and like yourself I'm only allowed to have an 'attractive' freezer in the house.
To me, any old freezer with beer taps is attractive!

Can I just give the Celli's a plug too :wub: I love em.

Hey Reg,

Try this. No need to build a collar. If the fridge shits itself just move to the new one. Taps can be mounted to the existing hinge on the freezer. to the wall behind or beside the freezer or on their own stand. Lines simply go under the back of the lid.

Had mine like this for years with no probs.

Cheers

Darren

side_view_freezer_1.jpg

Got some prices for a chest freezer from DEC.
200 litre $329
258 litre $369

The dimensions of the 258 litre are 1080mm wide x 660mm deep.
These dimensions are of the externals but should be big enough to fit 6 kegs comfortably plus glasses etc.

At least it will be new and with a warranty.

Got some prices for a chest freezer from DEC.
200 litre $329
258 litre $369

The dimensions of the 258 litre are 1080mm wide x 660mm deep.
These dimensions are of the externals but should be big enough to fit 6 kegs comfortably plus glasses etc.

At least it will be new and with a warranty.

What brand is that??? If your lucky you might be able to get a better price if you ask. I paid $385 for my 200L centrex back in March 07 so thats a pretty darn good price. And that was with a good discount.
And as you said you get warranty...BUT

thats if you don't cut holes and stuff in it when you modify it. Check out how I built and sealed my collar as it is a 'non-invasive' modification that if it had to back for warranty repairs... It is removable and no-one is the wiser.

Cheers, Pok

Ive got a 700L chest freezer but havent converted it yet. I recon I can get 10 kegs + a fermentor or couple of cubes

Im going to go the coller and taps rather than the font ive decided. would love to get ceilis

Going to take your advice POK and go the collar option.
I just rang up and that was the price over the phone. He did mention it was an instore special.

Might get it for $350 if I go in and offer cash B)

Does she let you in then Steve ?

Nice one Dave, I almost missed that. :lol:
Lucky I'm not second hand then, I am an original, One owner and only driven to church on Sundays.

Steve

Going to take your advice POK and go the collar option.

Well for the fact that you have warranty you don't want to loose the option of claiming under warranty buy drilling holes and stuff in it....and the other option is if you want to upgrade in the future etc its just a matter of removing the collar and you have a normal freezer again for food (sorry brew gods for mentioning the word) other than beer.

Make sure you check out your local clarke rubber for the rubber strip seals that I used aswelll...should make things a bit better insulated!!

I just rang up and that was the price over the phone. He did mention it was an instore special.
Might get it for $350 if I go in and offer cash B)
That would be an asweome price. What brand freezer is it??? I wonder if they are available up here at that price....could do with another freezer down the line...hmmm

Pok

Hey Reg,

Watch your fingers when you undo the bolts on the lid. Those springs snap nasty. Hope you can work out how to re-spring if you need the warranty.

cheers

Darren

Hey Reg,

Watch your fingers when you undo the bolts on the lid. Those springs snap nasty. Hope you can work out how to re-spring if you need the warranty.

cheers

Darren

Mine just lock back into position. So replacing is very simple? Do the older ones need to be forced down ???? ...Does that make and sense?

Going down possibly Wednesday to have a better look and see if I can get it for $350.
Will post pics and keep updated of progress as I go..

QUOTE (reg @ May 23 2008, 10:55 AM)
Might get it for $350 if I go in and offer cash

That would be an asweome price. What brand freezer is it??? I wonder if they are available up here at that price....could do with another freezer down the line...hmmm

Pok
That is a crazy price. The F&P does have a odd spring set up with 2 long wires that I could not put back together but I just prop the lid up like on an old car bonnet.

yeah, and watch your fingers when you undo it. Have someone sit on the lid.

cheers

Darren

jesus......what brand is it Reg............!!!!

haha, Pok

Latest posts

Back