Cheap sparge arm hack

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy

Reaction score
I have been searching for over 12 months for a cheap and simple sparge arm/hose holder for my setup, finally found what I was looking for tonight. $7 from cheap as chips!

1449142157408.jpg

Bit of warpage near the handle on the right. Makes me nervous about the soon to be maiden voyage of my Chinese esky.

S.E said:
It a cheap and simple sparge arm/hose holder. :)
Yes, and where do I get one. My google searches don't seem to be finding it.

Hi All,

Sorry, posted that then went to bed shortly thereafter...

This is the boy, no pics on the cheap as chips website though:

http://www.cheapaschips.com/products/home-entertainment/gen-elec-access/product/flexi-hold-smart-phone-clamp-assorted-colours/

As per the link its a "smart phone clamp". The number of laps I have done around Bunnings looking for something like this... Not sure on the material, there is some sort of black plastic finish over it, probably just some thick wire or something underneath. If anything the thing is too stiff, but its miles better than the old bit of wire that I have been using for the last 2 years, and for $7 its gonna pay for itself on the first brew...

Benn said:
Bit of warpage near the handle on the right. Makes me nervous about the soon to be maiden voyage of my Chinese esky.
Yeah, it did at least 50 brews before it buckled, and its done at least 50 brews since. I expected it to die a natural death a long time ago but it stopped getting worse a while back. I will continue to use it until it packs it in if that ever happens!

Fortunately the lid still fits.

Back