• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap March Pumps On Ebay.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah theyve come up a bunch of times. I think someone said that model is shaft drive (as opposed to mag drive) and the plastic the head made from is different to what considered necessary by so many here :p

And get in quick... our dollar is down to 91.9c, compared to over 98c which it hovered at for a while until a week or two ago. Will probably plummet down to 49 again from here lol.

ahhh i see, fair enough, i new it had to be to good to be true.

I bought one a few weeks ago. Works fine, but you do have to attach your own plug to the cable (as someone else also found out!).
It is magnetic drive and is in fact a genuine "March" brand pump. I belive the plastic is a high-temp material, suitable for food, but not the common food-grade plastic (I forget the name) that others here use.
Cost me $110, delivered to my door.
Cheers

Do you have the model number there? The one in the auction is 957-001-01 which isn't mentioned on the march pump website, and also according to the website the max temp is for kynar heads is 93C, so sounds like itd be the goods if it is mag drive - just not for boiling liquid. For a herms or a rims pump though.

Anyone is melb want to get one and split the postage? Is this one worth getting? Ive never used one before and usually use heaving lifting instead.

Do you have the model number there? The one in the auction is 957-001-01 which isn't mentioned on the march pump website, and also according to the website the max temp is for kynar heads is 93C, so sounds like itd be the goods if it is mag drive - just not for boiling liquid. For a herms or a rims pump though.

I bought one of these too. Found a website that gives the chemical resistance temperature of kynar for beer.

http://www.arkema-inc.com/print.cfm?pag=719&item=B

It's definately mag drive and looks a lot like the 809. I haven't put it through its paces yet though to test flowrates and head. @ $110 delivered definately a bargain!

Hoyle

If this is a mag drive, it woud be interesting to see if the spare heads from G&G fit on them... That way you get the food grade temp resistant model that every 'real' Ag brewer has for around AU$170... still about a $25 saving and you have a spare head for the pump..

Sammus, mine's the same model number: 957-001-01. I think they may have been made as a "special order", due to the fact that the model number is 01/01 and does not appear in their catalog, and also that the cable has terminal connections in lue of a plugtop.

Fair enough.

That kynar page is interesting. All their 'water' figures are over 100C, but if you look at the march catalgoue, all the pumps with kynar heads are 93c. I also couldnt see anything about it being foodgrade.

Not wanting to rain on anyones parade or anything it looks sweet as... just playing the devils advocate ;)

I also bought a couple of these a few weeks ago. When i went through the ebay checkout, it charged me the same price (US$38) to send two as it would have to send one. :D Might still be the case.

From when i was researching them, I remember the motor is more powerful (1/15HP) than the standard march brew pump being sold locally (1/25HP). Dunno about you but I'm of the school of thought that more power is better = faster pump rate or higher head.

Pretty sure a polysulfone head will screw right on in place of the kynar one. But havent tried this yet either.

He's been jacking the price lately though. I got mine for US$68ea, i saw them a few weeks earlier for US$64ea.

Looking forward to getting my system together and trying them out.

I've been considering the same one. This guy uses the MDX-MT3 which is only rated to 93 also.

Back