• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap Malts!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kewl, BigD

so when you hitting the Jovial Monk?

just want to make sure some incredible beers, mine!, are ready for tasting?

Jovial Monk

yep I agree also, the ADMIN EDIT comment is out of line and seems to point the bone at you for something which people now cannot read in fullness to pass their own judgement.

I would be pissed too.

Thanks guys!

I f I offend I do not mind being pulled into line

If OTHERS offend, they should carry the shit!

JM

arrive monday so will aim for wed/thurs mid weekish depending on her indoors.
they say shopping rules.
i reckon yep providing its in a hbs ;)

Guys, this thread has just been brought to my attention.

I'm not too sure what the original post was, but as JM saysm guys this is just a hobby. AHB is a place where everyone can get together and chat/share idea, etc.

The last thing I want to be happening is that peoples posts are editted.

I'm not sure what the original post was so I can't comment any further. If anyone has any issues (mods or users) I suggest using the 'report thread' button first so that I am aware.

Understandably, I have selected a couple of mods who visit the board a lot more frequently than I do and can help in the day to day maintenance of the site (which usually involves movie threads around and under extreme circumstances editing/deleting threads). THis however should only be done is the comment is again AHB's philosophy rather than the individuals.

Again, I stress that I have only been made aware of this thread. I suggest everyone walks to the fridge and gets another beer.

Please contact me direct before people start emailing others and accusing them of certain things.

Chill guys....it's beer.

Enjoy!

actually fiscus it was me who said it is just a hobby.anyway outa curiosity and not supporting anyone in particular who moderates the moderaters.
sometimes it seems it is personal and not at all aimed at the post.
thoughts on this moderators? most welcome.
shoot me down at will but it is an observation over a long time

cheers
d

Guys I'm going to clean this thread up totally.

Any further discussions on issues rather than the thread topic u can open up in a new thread.

10/4 over and out :D :lol:
id have another beer but ive run out. bummer

I will have a spiced big lager, 12% I think, spices really make this beer that is like 18 months old at this stage. . .

Will also have an old ale and an IPA that are extreme beers that will be a bit rough due to lack of ageing (8 months is stuff-all for some beers)

anyone want to taste some RADICAL dude beers bd ther when bigD visits

(and day/time when will that be, big D?, I am like totally pisted at this stage)

so rock up al and sundry, will have commercial beer for a brigade, and may be doing a brew lesson

Jovial Monk

Back on topic: :chug:

Barrett Burstons pale (galaxy) $40/25kg

Weyermann pilsner $55/25kg bag (Great for big malty pilseners)

Weyermann Munich light $ 60/25kg (***1 bag only****)

Weyermann Munich Dark $60/25kg (****1 bag only****)

Weyermann Caramunich II $2.00/kg

Marris Otter $60/25kg bag (****1 bag only****)

If you have any questions please simply give me a call.

cheers
Darren

Hmmmmm just to recap

The Bairds MO is not floor malted, a quick Google will confirm that. It is still a great malt!

In my experience, the Thos Fawcett gives a deeper color to ales made with it compared to ales made from Baird MO.

Darren's prices are good prices, I participated in one of his bulk buys soon after starting the shop. If Adelaide Maltings still sold brewing malt I would probably still be participating in the bulk buys.

Jovial Monk

Monk,

Are you saying Darren's malts are not brewing malts?????

Is Darren associated with Adelaide Maltings????

Just curious!?!?!

Hi Linz

Darren is a just a homebrewer like most of us, but he used to buy bulk malts from Adelaide Maltings (back when you could)

The malts are first rate malts. I especially love the Weyerman Pils. <brag> Made a bohemian pils that won its class in the nationals with that malt a few years ago</brag>

You can produce and excellent beer with a single infusion mash with the Weyermann Pils. I like to mash it low around the 64-65 and it does take a while to convert at that temp.

Cheers
Pedro

cool...

That clears that up

thanks Pedro

No Linz, never said they weren't brewing malts. Just mentioned the Mo was not floor malted

JM

Howdy all,
An update on the malts available.
Unfortunately, all the Mariss Otter have been accounted for.

I still have several bags of Weyermann pilsner malt remaining. They are $55.00 each.

For those of you looking to get into mashing there are still a few bags of good quality Aussie malt "Galaxy". This malt is a great malt for either ales or lagers and is priced at the lower end of the market. At $40.00/25 kg bag this malt is a bargain.

A bag of any of these malts will produce at least 100 litres of top quality beer.

If anyone is interested please give me a call.

cheers
Darren

Latest posts

Back