Cheap Automation - 7day Programmable Timer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrak

The Dutch Knight Brewery
Reaction score
Here's something that might help a few brewers.

The current Mitre 10 catalogue lists a "7 Day Digital Timer 4 Outlets Power Board W/Surge Protection" for $25 (or maybe $29? :unsure:).

Product Features

7 Day Digital Timer W/Surge Protection
Allow 4 Separate Appliances to operate simultaneously

Safety: This product is fitted with a surge protection device and overload switch.
Security: The convenience of preset programs allows your home or office to appear occupied at all times.
Convenience: Convenient and simple way of automatically running electrical appliances at a desired time.
Economy: Turning off the electric appliances when not in use is a very effective way to save energy and reduce the stand-by power consumption. This will not only benefit the energy consumption but it may also prolong the life of your appliance.

Key Features
  • Surge protection
  • 7 Day digital timer
  • Reduced standby power consumption
  • 4 Individual programmable outlets
  • 4 on/off programs per outlet
  • 2 Extra wide transformer spaces
  • Easy one button program check function
  • Random function - set a random program period of between 10-31 minutes during 6:00 18:00 hours
  • Daylight saving function switch to summertime without resetting the programs and current time
  • Built-in rechargeable battery backup
  • Current time and day display
  • LCD screen
Might be very handy for starting a water timer, immersion elements, etc?

I would assume that its rated for a total of 10Amps over the four outlets......

I might have to grab one, would be perfect for setting the mash program going over night and then just have the RIMS heater element & pump powered up when the time is right, by the time I get out of bed and have breakfast, the strike temp would be reached! Slices 45 minutes off the brew day when heating from ice cold rainwater. :beerbang:

Notice your from NSW, hope its not a state based sale!

I would assume that its rated for a total of 10Amps over the four outlets......
Probably :)

Found some piccies:
DT4SL_1.jpg
DT4SL_2.jpg

You could save a couple oif xtra minutes by grabbing 2 and having you toast pop up just as your heading out to mash....thats a saving of 50 minutes....

daz

Latest posts

Back