Cheap As FastRack

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunous

I Drink VB
Reaction score
So, it cost me $0.00 and it works a damn treat.

I wasn't keen on the bottle tree idea, and well I'm starting to bottle more and more now.

Made this bad boy outa 4 long bolts, 8 nuts and a piece of offcut black ply. Works awesome.

P.s. Yes I painted it Caterpillar Yellow, I got the paint free, and well, it's and awesome colour :)
P.s.s If you don't know what Caterpillar is, it's a massive world wide earthmoving brand.

image.jpg

Looks good Shaunous. Although I'm guessing it took you awhile to drill the holes.

My Herms vessel is Caterpillar yellow, Because I work for Cat.

Truman said:
Looks good Shaunous. Although I'm guessing it took you awhile to drill the holes.
My Herms vessel is Caterpillar yellow, Because I work for Cat.
Nope, took me a coupla minutes mate, hole saw and good drill, bolts free, paint free, ply free.

I spent 10+ years with Cat, still working on it, just not under the banner :)

Here's mine it's a piece of Alubond cladding,rubber sandwiched between aluminium.image.jpgimage.jpg

shaunous said:
So, it cost me $0.00 and it works a damn treat.

I wasn't keen on the bottle tree idea, and well I'm starting to bottle more and more now.

Made this bad boy outa 4 long bolts, 8 nuts and a piece of offcut black ply. Works awesome.

P.s. Yes I painted it Caterpillar Yellow, I got the paint free, and well, it's and awesome colour :)
P.s.s If you don't know what Caterpillar is, it's a massive world wide earthmoving brand.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
nice - I'm about to wash up bottles soon, and curse not having made one of these every time I do.
Hole size/sizes?

I've just ordered a 3 tier actual Fast Rack. I am lazy.

I use an old security door that I screwed to some table legs works a treat and loads of space for everything including fermenters

The Lords of Diacetyl said:
nice - I'm about to wash up bottles soon, and curse not having made one of these every time I do.
Hole size/sizes?
45mm holes, there is 8x 35mm holes but you could get away all 45mm, I just miss measured and left them.

Got it fully stacked with bottles now, works great. Wasn't going to paint it, but glad I did, water just beads and runs right off it.

donttouchstevesbeer said:
I use an old security door that I screwed to some table legs works a treat and loads of space for everything including fermenters
Security screen FTW. So many uses.

2 milk crates.

Put bottles in one crate, blast with water and cleaner etc.

Stack second crate on top.

Turn it all upside down.

Self standing, no holes.

Bottles are already in crate come storage time...

Stirring sweet ;)

spog said:
Here's mine it's a piece of Alubond cladding,rubber sandwiched between aluminium. image.jpg image.jpg
Nice, but I still prefer your ventilated fermenter drainer Spog. So simple yet so ingenious.

I didn't want the mouth of the bottle touching anything or like a bottle tree having the hook up into the bottle. I can now squirt each bottle with StarSan and put into the rack then get onto removing one at a time to fill and cap.

Get a bucket. Cut a couple of big holes in the side. Invert fermentor. Booom.
I've left fermentors draining for days over a bucket and still find pockets of water. But with breather holes problem solved. Problem is I'm too tight to cut a hole in my handy pails.

I found bread creates to be the best. Easy to find.
Get a few bottles in them too

Back