• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Charity Needed!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetfoley

Reaction score
Heyas,

Any1 have an unused bar fridge or chest freezer they aren't using that they want to donate to me? perhaps you want to upgrade? So long as it fits 2 corneys...

The reason:

I have bought all my kegging equiptment, starting with a bar fridge first, then I bought the kegs etc. Wouldn't you know it the kegs don't fit in the bar fridge. Problem is in order to convince my fiance to let me get the kegs, taps and gas bottle I had to promise that I wouldn't spend a cent more until after the wedding (I also agreed to give her a 15min massage every night for a month).

She wont budge on the spending thing... even a $50 job on ebay (if one ever came about). So now I'm stuck with Beer in kegs that I cant cool let alone get running outta my tower taps. Its torture... seeing kegged beer that I cant drink cause its hot, and having literally everything I need except a bar fridge/chest freezer. I have 3 months to wait till the wedding.

Plus I still have to give her a massage every night...

Did I pull any1s heart strings enough? Did you read the bit about having beer in kegs that I cant cool?

I live in Brisbane. I'll happily give you a case or 2 of home brew in return... and a bar fridge that doesnt fit corneys... lol

Jet.

If I were you I'd consider editing so the swap is stressed in the first sentence rather than the last.

Best of luck!

jetf, i am giving away empty stubbies and caps in the marketplace in brissy.

perhaps seeing as you have a working fridge you can transfer to bottles and drink them that way. all you would need to do is find a brewer to lend you a bottle capper for a day or bring your keg round to their place, bottle up and give them some of your brew as a gift.

Hmmm this thread makes me thirsty, I thinkly I'll go pour myself a large ice cold beer from the appropriately sized fridge i measured before getting into kegging. :icon_cheers:

Jet if you hang around long enough freeby fridges come up on here from time to time. Maybe buy yourself 2 party kegs? ;)

Thats really sad , wait till you have ankle biters, nip this in the bud my friend,

I got a fridge near the bbq and one in the shed and one near the food fridge, no, im not lazy its just important to have a cold beer nearby,

JetF, you could try freecycle, sometimes a fridge comes up there.

Can't you sell the bar fridge you have and use that money?
Then it isn't really additional money per se...

Plus there's a chance (small to non-existent but she doesn't have to know that) that the beer will go off, which would waste the money you spent on that, so it may be cheaper to actually buy the fridge/freezer, especially if you sell the other one.
Plus all the while you aren't drinking the kegged beer you are potentially buying beer, which "wastes" money.

Heyas,

Any1 have an unused bar fridge or chest freezer they aren't using that they want to donate to me? perhaps you want to upgrade? So long as it fits 2 corneys...

The reason:

I have bought all my kegging equiptment, starting with a bar fridge first, then I bought the kegs etc. Wouldn't you know it the kegs don't fit in the bar fridge. Problem is in order to convince my fiance to let me get the kegs, taps and gas bottle I had to promise that I wouldn't spend a cent more until after the wedding (I also agreed to give her a 15min massage every night for a month).

She wont budge on the spending thing... even a $50 job on ebay (if one ever came about). So now I'm stuck with Beer in kegs that I cant cool let alone get running outta my tower taps. Its torture... seeing kegged beer that I cant drink cause its hot, and having literally everything I need except a bar fridge/chest freezer. I have 3 months to wait till the wedding.

Did I pull any1s heart strings enough? Did you read the bit about having beer in kegs that I cant cool?

I live in Brisbane. I'll happily give you a case or 2 of home brew in return... and a bar fridge that doesnt fit corneys... lol

Jet.

Maybe you could HTFU!, stop giving massages and stand your ground. WTF are you going to be like once you are married?

oh sorry dear, am I typing too loud! i'll get of AHB now!!!!

Seriously, show her how it will save you money rather than buying cartons at $50 a time; or is she at the hairdressers getting another $300 weekly hair make over.

QldKev

Happy wife, happy life.

Words to live by.

Hey guys anyone got a Ferrari spare? After I made sure my wife is safely at work in her Mercedes Benz, my Datsun 120Y is having problems starting and I can't afford to put petrol in it anyway; since I treated her to a new diamond necklace. So if you have a Ferrari spare with a full tank of fuel can I grab it, much appreciated.

PS. I don't want any offers on Ferrari that are more than 5 years old.

Thanks

Can't you sell the bar fridge you have and use that money?
Then it isn't really additional money per se...

Plus there's a chance (small to non-existent but she doesn't have to know that) that the beer will go off, which would waste the money you spent on that, so it may be cheaper to actually buy the fridge/freezer, especially if you sell the other one.
Plus all the while you aren't drinking the kegged beer you are potentially buying beer, which "wastes" money.

HAHAHAHAHA This is the exact reasoning I use with the missus.... works every time

Aaron

ps. Rule 14.....

Win the 2010 BABBs annual comp and get enough money to buy a kegerator and also get the trip to the USA. How simple is that.

:)

user756_1178898753.JPG

Maybe you could HTFU!, stop giving massages and stand your ground. WTF are you going to be like once you are married?

oh sorry dear, am I typing too loud! i'll get of AHB now!!!!

Seriously, show her how it will save you money rather than buying cartons at $50 a time; or is she at the hairdressers getting another $300 weekly hair make over.

QldKev

Oh damn.. that hurts. My wife has a thing about clicking noises; and typing loudly pisses her off more than just about anything. I am a keyboard basher and have to have at least two doors closed between me and her if I am on AHB.

Mind you - I've only been married for 8 years, but when I negotiate an agreement with the most important person in my world, I think its kind of important to stick to it. You don't make an agreement, then you get to wheedle and scheme when she objects... But when you actually strike a deal and you screw up on your side of it... well, you can whine and bitch and try to wriggle out of it; maybe you can just go macho and refuse to stick to it - or - you can HTFU and stick to your word like a real man would.

Maybe thats just me though... and I am typing two closed doors away from my wife, so my opinion is possibly tinged by fear of annoying her at 3:00am. I also gave her a massage for about 45mins earlier tonight, so my opinion must therefore be suspect due to lack of testicle circumference.

TB

Hmm, you could always go with a shotgun wedding this weekend, get all the paperwork out of the way, then secure your fridge, then followup with the actual wedding ceremony she wants... Win-win.

Heyas,

The reason:

Jet.

surely there is time to snatch her handbag in between the massages, vacuuming, dusting, ironing, peeling of grapes ? ...

Jet,

Just buy the fridge, they don't stay mad for long

Back