Chappo's Bogan, Brew, Beer And Boobs Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.
Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).
The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.
Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.
Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Lets get this straight, Bogans are Australia wide they are in every nook and cranny, and we love them because we can take the piss. Sure the women bogan has 6 kids to 6 different fathers, loves her alcohol and ciggies, has a different fashion sense, swears like a trooper, and is a general embarassment at the supermarket but at least we can look on and have bit of a laugh. As for the bloke well he loves his VB, ciggies/dope, flannie, mullet, beanie, holden or ford top, holden or ford car, has an excellent grasp on the english vocabluary, and has possible missing teeth, but who is going to look at him sideways when he's at the pub or he wants that car spot you want?
They are a national treasure and we should be proud, for our taxes pay for their everything.

Chappo, I wish I was closer, I would shine up my adidas romes and slip into my faded stretch -your-balls-are in-your-mouth- black denim jeans. There may be a pack of winnies up my arm too.

Katie- I would love to put this definition up on wiki....it is gold.

As a 30 plus W.A. boy who grew up in bogan central of Byford and Armadale, I can really feel the love. Fark, if i could grow a respectable head of hair these days, I would be manicuring my mullet and buying a ticket to Queensland. :D

I've got an unregistered Laser parked in my front yard... And it's not even mine!
To be fair, it's my brother in law's and the registration only just lapsed. He's buying another car, so it will be sold soon hopefully.

To be fair, it's my brother in law's and the registration only just lapsed. He's buying another car, so it will be sold soon hopefully.

Hey if you need a hand rolling it on it's roof to remove the diff and gearbox I have some spare time ATM! :lol: I am an expert!

crash71.jpg

Chap Chap

Ha Ha. me thinks I could be a sorta bogan too, I used to live in Woodda, AKA Woodridge, then went upper class to Kingston. Now I'm way out west and... wouldn't you know it, I got an old uteback trailer in the front yoar with one wheel off up on a stand with, get this, green grass growing up around it.
Damn my last flannie wore out a while ago and I only got T shirts with holes in them. <_<

Gavo.

My wife threw all my flannies out <_<

If I dig deep deep in the old clothes box I may find my old Torana & Commodore shirts, but they won't fit me now :(

1. Chappo
2. NickB
3. J1gSaw
4. Sully
5. Bradsbrew
6. StillScottish maybe....I've got to be at a Band gig at 10am Sunday :-(
7. Lilo
8. Bonj (firm possible)
9. mossyrocks
10.clean brewer (maybe if not working)
11.Winkle (possible, behaviour permitting apparently)
12. TidalPete (With fresh batteries)
13. Franko
14. Hogan
15. Pumpy
16. Klieny (Maybe) the token mexican (if i can stop visiting relies)
17. Ross
18.Gavo
19. geoff_tewierik
20.Paulwolf (flying in on the day)
21 Altstart plus keg
22. Browndog - parole pending.
23. jayandcath - Keg O' something
24 Savy I should be wright ( plus keg ).
25. DKS
26. Sqyre and Mrs Sqyre

Brewing: (Brewer, Mash Bitch and brew)
Because of power limitations I will have to limit this to 4 powered rigs. However if your system is fully gas then it won't ne an issue. I have a mill so there is no need pre mill grains.

1. Chappo (Shermanator Mk2) and Sully brewing a 120 minute IIPA
2. Ross (Sabco Brew-Magic) and Franko brewing "something"
3. Bradsbrew(dodgy rig)
4. Lilo (Rig Name to be decided on the day)
5. Might squeeze in in parts of rig (blue Streak) Electric HLT
6. jayandcath (LPG Express)
7 Battered sav brewery if I still have my ute,and if theres enough power.

Suitably off topic PJ! You'll do well in this QLD thread.... :ph34r:

My wife threw all my flannies out <_<

My wife's been warned, she tosses out my one flanny shirt and she gets divorced. It's old school. It was my grandfathers, wore it while working in his saw mill, and has been handed down from him to my mum to me, and if we ever get around to having kids they'll get it as well.

Combined with a worn out old Jim Beam t-shirt and some thongs I reckon I'll be set for the day :)

1. Chappo
2. NickB
3. J1gSaw
4. Sully
5. Bradsbrew
7. Lilo
8. Bonj (firm possible)
9. mossyrocks
13. Franko
14. Hogan
15. Pumpy
17. Ross
18.Gavo
19. geoff_tewierik
21 Altstart plus keg
25. DKS
26. Sqyre and Mrs Sqyre
27. Sera (+8 test tube packs for sale (20x tubes, 20x stoppers and tube rack))

Because of power limitations I will have to limit this to 4 powered rigs. However if your system is fully gas then it won't ne an issue. I have a mill so there is no need pre mill grains.

3. Bradsbrew(dodgy rig)
5. Might squeeze in in parts of rig (blue Streak) Electric HLT

-----

shameless (but authorised) self promotion! no, but seriously, if anyone wants them, I'm bringing packs of 20x pyrex test tubes + 20x stoppers + 1x 20-test tube rack for $30. Great way to save on postage costs, otherwise im tossing them on AHB after the day.

will do 10% off for anyone with a mullet. this would be enough for you to get a can of xxxx gold from the LBS.

I just had my gosnells mate over. It was the bomb. If it wasn't a regular night we would have got wrecked. Why are all the nicest people bogans living in gosnells?
:lol:

Chap i wish I could make the brew day. It looks like an epic one at the least.

Found this historic photo of the Beenleigh Tavern.
View attachment 35759
Nothing much has changed, the boys still take their goats there and try and git 'em drunk.

Edit: Is that Chappo in the background?

Just taken the blue streak off the list as I don't think I will be organised enough to get brewing in time. Will still be there to supervise though. ;)

1. Chappo
2. NickB
3. J1gSaw
4. Sully
5. Bradsbrew
7. Lilo
8. Bonj (firm possible)
9. mossyrocks
13. Franko
14. Hogan
15. Pumpy
17. Ross
18.Gavo
19. geoff_tewierik
21 Altstart plus keg
25. DKS
26. Sqyre and Mrs Sqyre
27. Sera (+8 test tube packs for sale (20x tubes, 20x stoppers and tube rack))

3. Bradsbrew(dodgy rig)

Back