Chappo Alert - On Tv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*cough*GAY*cough*

Why does TV always take things that are genuinely a great hobby and make it look soooooooooooo G A Y!

Big ups Chappo regardless
Nice pitch for AHB...not

Hey...

I watched this in disbelief this on the rower at the gym... and even stopped rowing... look;

see, if, err

a). we all thought that 4 minutes and 43 seconds on regional TV with posh boys college TV production values didn't quite cover all the bases...

And

B). we all wax lyrical over Jamils dulcet tones...

And

c). water

Why don't we make our own bleedin programme?

So... Programme ideas please - maybe a take on the UK Oz Clarke and James Thingy Beer programme - on the 'new wave' Aussie craft/micro scene? Maybe highbrow, David Ayyenbourough (whatever) is still alive for narration; maybe Straight Dawn The Bladdy Loine... like you Aussies say...

I can (and have) made shows in the UK and I firmly believe it's not beyond a combined AHB offensive us to present various edits/lengths/formats of the finished package to any of the networks...

Discuss... (on another thread maybe?)

Hey...

I watched this in disbelief this on the rower at the gym... and even stopped rowing... look;

see, if, err

a). we all thought that 4 minutes and 43 seconds on regional TV with posh boys college TV production values didn't quite cover all the bases...

And

B). we all wax lyrical over Jamils dulcet tones...

And

c). water

Why don't we make our own bleedin programme?

So... Programme ideas please - maybe a take on the UK Oz Clarke and James Thingy Beer programme - on the 'new wave' Aussie craft/micro scene? Maybe highbrow, David Ayyenbourough (whatever) is still alive for narration; maybe Straight Dawn The Bladdy Loine... like you Aussies say...

I can (and have) made shows in the UK and I firmly believe it's not beyond a combined AHB offensive us to present various edits/lengths/formats of the finished package to any of the networks...

Discuss... (on another thread maybe?)

Sorry I am confused, Sink or Sea?

:eek:

Hmmm, I believe that Fents has someone in the family that does advertisments and corporate stuff, I'll hastle him about organising the Melbourne part of the segment...

Tell all your (Small & envious) critics to GAGF Chappo & let that be the end of it.
All done & dusted.

TP

I think anything that wasn't directed at the show's structure itself (obviously nothing to do with Chappo or BABBS) was pretty good natured.

What's wrong with you people, he said "I get my water from the sink" I'm half deaf with screaming kids in the house and I still heard it and I'm not a QLDer, you owe him an apology.

That`s right, browndog.
And you know what amuses me?........the amount of so called "knowledgeable" brewers that have posted that thought he really did use sea water. !!!
Maybe the old bloke could teach them a thing or two.
Jesus :lol:

stagga.

Respect to Jack Faber. He does it HIS way, and he likes it so much he wrote a book about it. I wonder what the book says?

Oh, and respect to those other guys who do stuff with grains and rigs and secret password things.....

Nice one Chappo and co...

Gotta ask tho mate - did they belt you around the head with the mash paddle before hand, or is the head just in need of a bit of panel beating? :rolleyes:

Brendo

You may need to appease the rather dejected understudys though. They don't look too happy. :rolleyes:

My guess is they'll keep quiet for some sea-water beer.

Warren -

ugly_men.jpg

^^^ Probably a little of column A and a little of column B there Brendo, to continue to the panel beating analogy I think they refer to it as a 'write-off' :p

Good work though Chappo and all other in futuring the cause!!

Cheers SJ

WHOOOYAA

Chappo, what happened to your head mate.

I see you have lost a bit of weight too Ross :p

Good one guys :icon_cheers:

great stuff fellas.

i loved the following:
dodgy brewcraft logo on fermentor
badly poored beer by Mel Eveans (LHBSO),
Jack stirring his beer whilst stemaing hot (start argument over hot wort aearation)
umm yeah ok we can live with dex as the best part of the article was at the beginning (ie AGs)
yup he says straight from the sea.
Jack pours a worse beer than Mel.

a bit of lazy journalisism there. they show the first part of the segment in a lighter sense (bit of joking around etc), but then get all serious with JAck the sea brewer. who cares its all good

So there's your couple min of fame huh Chap? nice! love your setup by the way.

Don't forget the journo's gritted teeth and convincing "hmmmmmmmm" while nodding the head and trying to look suitably impressed ;0)

But isn't that how we all respond when offered to sample another brewers beer??? :p

Cheers SJ

Yeah no worries, your's was um..... interesting too! :eek:

cheers SJ

Back