Chappo Alert - On Tv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno if I could trust somebody from Laidley's opinion on what "good beer' is... :p

While we are on the subject of "old Jack" it seems that he was the highlight of a story on wine making almost one year ago...May 2008. (check his website) on the same show.

Methinks Jack has some influence and business drive. Pity it should ruin a potentially good story.

Cheers

I heard water from the "sink" which is probably what 80 year old Queenslanders call water from indoor plumbing.

They have indoor plumbing? :ph34r:

:lol:

Didn't he say he was from Laidley or somewhere? Easier for the old coot to to get to the sink rather than the sea.

No no no.... I reckon he said "Oh I see water"

Then they said "What you use sea water?"

Then he said "Yes, I know B's daughter"

And what went to air is good editing!!

:lol: :lol:

Surprised poor Sherman wasn't named....

Nice to be able to put a face to one person who made me a pickup tube and another who I have spoken to on the phone many times....

You can see the man many of us have not met and only known to us via AHB on this
Cheers
Ferg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Lads for the kind words. Unfortunately it wasn't the advanced brewing segment we all hoped it would be. AKA me and old "Sherman" ACTUALLY mashing grains. I seriously cringed when I saw the the dex lable come out but I guess that the perception of our craft. We know better I hope.

Cheers

Chappo

Good to finally see something brewing related on tv...well you tube really...but good anyway. Good to put some faces to some names aswell. Shame the 1kg bag of dex made the edit tho :(

Did anyone notice how damn small those glasses were at the end of that clip...man they were like shot glasses :eek:

Hey Chappo, is anything geed up for Australias Biggest Brew Day on TV??????????????

I worded them up but the bloody show got canned? Hoping something might come of it as i got the dudes email....

What's wrong with you people, he said "I get my water from the sink" I'm half deaf with screaming kids in the house and I still heard it and I'm not a QLDer, you owe him an apology.

I think it was a brewcraft logo actually :(

Am aware the black background is BC and not CB. Was trying to be funny and failed dismally. Apologies.

Seriously though, I think Jack should represent our craft.

What's wrong with you people, he said "I get my water from the sink" I'm half deaf with screaming kids in the house and I still heard it and I'm not a QLDer, you owe him an apology.

Hey its Laidley Dude, if they've got plumbing its proberbly through lead pipes.

Sorry, I listened 4 times and I still hear sea. Sink is believable but maybe the host needs to learn to enunciate better.

Typical television treatment of anything they can play wacky music behind but I thought the babbs guys came across well apart from the obviously staged bits (no doubt filmed in 15 takes with some 23 year old director having great wacky ideas).

Good on you for speaking up for the craft. Also good to see a young lady featured in amongst all those old blokes with beer paunches.

I'm sure you all had a lot more to say but TV is usually uninterested in actually presenting anything close to an interesting truth.

Password? Um....beer?

Sorry, I listened 4 times and I still hear sea. Sink is believable but maybe the host needs to learn to enunciate better.

Typical television treatment of anything they can play wacky music behind but I thought the babbs guys came across well apart from the obviously staged bits (no doubt filmed in 15 takes with some 23 year old director having great wacky ideas).

Good on you for speaking up for the craft. Also good to see a young lady featured in amongst all those old blokes with beer paunches.

I'm sure you all had a lot more to say but TV is usually uninterested in actually presenting anything close to an interesting truth.

Password? Um....beer?

Your in! LOL!

Latest posts

Back