Champaine Yeast - Cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz2332

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have since finished off my last cider, which i loved!!
It was simple, tasted beautifully fruity and nice mix of sweet to dry....
So im going to make it again... BUT in my move i have lost my ingrediants list! :eek: So after having a cry for an hour or so i tried to remember what i used....

What i THINK it was
- 19 Ltrs of straight Apple Juice (preserve free)
- 500g dex
- 1 kg Lactose
- 1 Ltre water (mixed with 1 ltre apple juice, boiled to disolve the above)
- Yeast????

Kept to temps around 18

Yeast!!!?? I used a Champaine yeast. BUT i cant remember which one i used!! What i do remember is, is someone on here suggested it...
Can anyone help me in which they think i should use...
Im 50% sure thats the recipe i used :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yeast!!!?? I used a Champaine yeast. BUT i cant remember which one i used!! What i do remember is, is someone on here suggested it...
Can anyone help me in which they think i should use...
Im 50% sure thats the recipe i used :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Most of the Champaign strains do pretty much the same thing. The common ones are EC-1118 and red star premier cuvee.

Your LHBS should have one or other of those.

Cheers
Dave

One you could try is essencia super 6 a mixture of nuitrient and a Champaine yeast made in australia used for brewing alcohol for distilled spirits only a portion of a packet would be needed to make cider

I've enjoyed the Oztops champagne yeast in many of my ciders but I haven't used a REAL champagne yeast so can't compare.

Thanks guys, none of those ring a bell...
But if i cant remember the exact one ill just try one of those... Will brew this weekend...

I used Lavin (EC 1118) Champagne yeast with a nutrient, but to be honest I keep the dried yeasts from my kits as I buy specialty yeasts for my beer and find that works a treat for cider, nowhere near as dry!

One you could try is essencia super 6 a mixture of nuitrient and a Champaine yeast made in australia used for brewing alcohol for distilled spirits only a portion of a packet would be needed to make cider

Thank-you! I am going to do a ghetto brew and this is perfect =). What I'm planning will need the nutrient.

Latest posts

Back