Celli TE65 icebank

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nebes

Reaction score
Hi all just got a celli te65 icebank cheep and just wondering if sny one has any info on them ive been told u can recirulate it through your flooded font as well as have 6 taps any one got any instructions on how to do so cant find any info on the net

Big blue box like this?
Celi.JPG

What else do you need to know
Mark

Take the top off, have a look under the stirrer, there will be a pump part way down the shaft, connect a hose to the pump (usually 1/2" - 12mm)
fill the unit up with water until it comes out the overflow, then turn it on. The water/hose just does a loop through the font and goes back into the ice bank.
These things are pretty bullet proof - they either work or are ted - DO NOT PUT ANY GLYCOL IN IT
leave it running for 2-3 hours.
If everything is working it will build up 50-75mm of ice around the outsides.
Great toy, do suck a bit of juice tho.
Mark

Think i just found it on the back of the pump they have bypassed it on the one i have they obversley didnt have a flooded font

Take the top off, have a look under the stirrer, there will be a pump part way down the shaft, connect a hose to the pump (usually 1/2" - 12mm)
fill the unit up with water until it comes out the overflow, then turn it on. The water/hose just does a loop through the font and goes back into the ice bank.
These things are pretty bullet proof - they either work or are ted - DO NOT PUT ANY GLYCOL IN IT
leave it running for 2-3 hours.
If everything is working it will build up 50-75mm of ice around the outsides.
Great toy, do suck a bit of juice tho.
Mark
Thanks for that cant complain but got it and a 3 tap font with andale brumby taps gas bottle reg and 3 cupplings for 200 bucks

No I mean if its an ICE BANK you do not put glycol in it - ever!!!
Ice banks work by storing energy as ice, if you add antifreeze it wont form ice...
If you have a Glycol chiller and you don't add glycol it will freeze solid.

It's about as basic as not putting diesel in a petrol car, different beasts.
Mark

No I mean if its an ICE BANK you do not put glycol in it - ever!!!
Ice banks work by storing energy as ice, if you add antifreeze it wont form ice...
If you have a Glycol chiller and you don't add glycol it will freeze solid.

It's about as basic as not putting diesel in a petrol car, different beasts.
Mark
Thanks Mark i appreciate the advice

Latest posts

Back