Ccing Wheat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillamacgilla73

Reaction score
Howdy all,

After a recent visit to my local HBS I picked up two tins of MSB Summer wheat for $5/ea!!His sales pitch was that the cans are approaching the use by date(August 05), he brewed a batch last year and it tasted very bland(He did use the required 2x1.7KG tins) and that I should prove him wrong.

To beef up the brew I steeped a plug of Hallertau(& some left over Hallertau flowers approx. 10g) for 10minutes.

Anyway cutting to the chase, I have racked the wort into a cube and have set my fridge(I primarily brew lagers) to 8C. Am I running down the right track here in CCing a wheat?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(I would have posted this question prior to racking but IT grief etc prevented me)

Cheers

chillamacgilla73

In short order. If you bottle yes, CC it. If you're a kegger don't bother. Just rack from pimary to the keg.

Warren -

chillamacgilla73,

I bottle and keg all my Wheat beers straight from primary...

just call it Hefe-Wietzen :)

Cheers,

Crispy

Like your work Crispy. Beer stocks gradually running low(No thanks to Carltons piss poor season :angry: ) so I'll hop to it and get bottling!

Back