Cc Coopers Original Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
Hey guys been a while since my last post, ive been quite busy and havent had much time to brew but have still been reading the topics.

Anyway I was at woollies on Tuesday and having not been able to brew much my coopers heritage has taken a significant hit (one bottle left for dad to try) and im on to the Hefe (scofferhoffer clone) which is tasting damn nice btw! (thanks again brauluver and wiezguy for the help and recipe). I was in the mood for an easy drinker that I could share with some mates. I also wanted to make a HB that my mates would enjoy as an entry level to home brewing.

Any who because I had limited time I went simple and just grabbed a coopers original lager and brewing sugar and just made it as per instructions.

Got up early yesterday morning B4 work rehydrated the yeast, proofed it and threw her together in an hour, got back from work and she was already bubbling away nicely.

Any who im obviously going to rack it, has anyone had any experience racking this one and putting it straight into CC or would that halt fermentation because of the ale yeast? I was thinking I would rack it for maybe 5-4 days or so until secondary fermentation finishes and then put the secondary into my fridge at about 2c or lower for a week or 2?

Its fermenting at about 21C atm..... that is according to the thermometer I have attached to the side...obviously the krausen will be warmer does anyone actually knows how much warmer it is in the middle or does it just depend on how vigorous the fermentation is?

I would wait for fermentation to finish before racking, to give the yeast a better opportunity to finish and then clean up after itself.

Latest posts

Back