CASTLEMAINE PERKINS 5 GALLON BEER KEG

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aster1

Reaction score
Does anyone know what these go for?

H0622-L17400012.jpg

Could only find this page online but they want you to sign up and pay a subscription to access sales prices urrrg.
http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/castlemaine-perkins-5-gallon-beer-keg-206-c-40a9c24cfe

Anyway Interested in knowing the price on these, I want to make an informed offer....

Cheers

If its full, not much.
Empty it might be worth something.

yum beer said:
If its full, not much.
Empty it might be worth something.
Yes I believe it to be empty, long time empty to be sure.

Is it being sold by someone who will know an informed offer when they hear it?

kevo said:
Is it being sold by someone who will know an informed offer when they hear it?
Good question, I dont think so but cant be sure, a mates old man has it sitting in his shed, was going to offer $50, but just wanted to be sure that they're not a dime a dozen or stupidly expensive so neither of us is ripped off.

I reckon with a glass top on it would make an ace table.

On the page you've linked are details of the group who sold a similar keg. They appear to be based at Kangaroo Point in Brissie.

Could be worth flicking them an email or calling...

kevo said:
On the page you've linked are details of the group who sold a similar keg. They appear to be based at Kangaroo Point in Brissie.

Could be worth flicking them an email or calling...
Haha good Idea!

I didn't notice that one.

Actually strike that, their website is no longer active... which would mean so is their email... will have to try the old fashion telephone :)

I would go to $50 for it, if only just to catch up with certain Woodhill person :) . If you intend to actually use it, roll-out-the-barrel apparently can recondition them (NOTE: may be ownership issues here) and you can get legal ex-winery barrels for not much more (cleaned and sanitised in some cases).

winkle said:
I would go to $50 for it, if only just to catch up with certain Woodhill person :) . If you intend to actually use it, roll-out-the-barrel apparently can recondition them (NOTE: may be ownership issues here) and you can get legal ex-winery barrels for not much more (cleaned and sanitised in some cases).
Woodhill person? must be an inside joke??

ownership issues surely must have expired long ago?

No need for reconditioning as I wont be using for anything but aesthetic value.

Thanks for all the replies Ill try for the $50 and see if he wants to part with it.

Apparently brekky creek hotel still cracks a wooden cask of it every week.

I rekon have a chat with the bloke first - he might have been meaning to take it to the dump for years...could save you $50

the breaky creek hotel serves xxxx off the wood on one bar at all times. They still do now and those exact kegs are in use, they sit on the bar and are tapped in front of everyone. The may Also serve it at the brewery bar in Milton.

Back