Castle Hill Comp - Call For Judges/stewards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tseay

Reaction score
All,

We are keen to hear from anyone who would like to be involved in judging at the Castle Hill Show ( Sydney) Home Brew Championships. Judging is set down for Saturday March 11 at the showgrounds.

Andrew Walsh is the chief judge and the comp has been registered with the BJCP.
Whilst the comp has a limited number of classes, it represents an excellent opportunity to learn about the running of a comp and to hone your judging skills.

Clearly you need to have a good knowledge of brewing and beer styles, however
we are keen to help 'apprentice" judges develop their knowledge and skills. This is a good opportunuity for anyone looking to do a BJCP course.

We do not know how many entries we will receive, last year there were around 50-60 entrants. We currently have 7 judges involved and would like to double that number. Our abilty to offera judging role are of course controlled by the number of entries.

If you are interested and can spare the time to join us either as a judge or in a stewarding role, please pm me, so we can discuss further.

Cheers

T

Ill say a tentative yes at the moment to helping out in some capacity. Dont have the knowledge to judge Id say, but would be happy to help out in some way. Even just to observe to see how it all happens.

Only been brewing for 7 months and kits only but been getting blind with Dad since I was 11 years old so I have a fair bit of experience with beer.

Sign me up :)

Back