Cascade Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenos

Reaction score
I was given a can of Cascade Imperial Voyage Pale Ale from my old work when I left. Trouble is I have never bought one before (cascade kit that is) and I am looking for ideas of what to do with it. I have heard they are pretty much crap.

I have a bag of cooper BE2 and probably some LDME in the cupboard also.

I have been enjoying some Carlsberg and Grolsch lately - I know I will not get anything like these from what I have in stock, and I do like the odd malty ale.

I am a kit brewer and doubt that will ever change, my total for last year was 3 brews. This is my first for this year, my last one was a bit of a flop, wife likes it I think it is ordinary, I tried a coopers bav lager with some mixed citrus peel added and used BE2 plus some LDME, so it has heaps of body but no flavour, I'll see how it goes its only been bottled 3 weeks.

Another question, how much difference does the yeast make, you all say use this yeast it will be heaps betterer, can you explain what the difference is and why?

Latest posts

Back