Carboy Cleaner Wanted (drill Type)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carboy

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I'm trying to find and purchase a glass carboy cleaner, the type that you connect to a drill.

I've tried AHB sponsors' to no avail. Anyone out there know where I can source one locally?

Thank you in advance for any replies

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

They are listed in the current Imake (formerly Brewcraft) catalogue as "Carboy Power Scrubber) (part # 55240), the replacement pads are also listed (part # 55244).
Your LHBS if they stock Imake products (that's most of us) will be able to order one in for you.
I have one and don't use it, it's very good on the sides of the carboy, but that's easy with a brush anyway, not so effective in the corners and shoulders. These days I just fill the carboy with warm water and add a handful of Pink Stain Remover (Chlorinated Trisodiumphosphate) and leave it overnight then rinse well comes out sparkling.
A warning don't soak for a long time with Sodium Percarbonate (Nappysan), Sodium Carbonate (washing soda) or Sodium Metasillicate (brewers detergent) they will all over time dissolve your carboy.
MHB

A warning don't soak for a long time with Sodium Percarbonate (Nappysan), Sodium Carbonate (washing soda) or Sodium Metasillicate (brewers detergent) they will all over time dissolve your carboy.
MHB

As in glass carboy?

I have a few for aging but am considering replacing my plastic fermenters with glass. Is overnight with percarb alright?

Sodium carbonate (the breakdown product of Percarbonate) will dissolve glass, not as fast as Hydroxide, but given time...Exactly how long it takes to do noticeable harm is going to depend on concentration temperature and the type of glass and probably a bunch of other factors.I'm happy to use Pink and haven't seen any damage; you only need 1 level teaspoon in 5 litres of water, so it's economical and effective it does however eat stainless.
MHB

Latest posts

Back