Carbonation Keg Lid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Browne

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've always forced carbonated my kegs with great results. I'm wondering if anyone has used these lids. I have some major back issues and rocking the kegs leaves me in a world of pain. I'm wondering if this would make my life easier??

Cheers Matt
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432714824.131713.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432714779.766656.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432714779.766656.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 41
I haven't used one sorry but I have thought about buying one. If you want to drink your keg as fast as possible without rocking they look like a good thing. I have always just set my keg to around 1 bar and waited a week for the keg to be carbed enough to drink and 2 weeks for full carbonation, same result just slower.

I made one a while ago and it works great. I set it to 30psi for 45min and have a perfectly carbed keg.

Thanks for the replies guys!!
Trevgale do you shake/rock the keg or just set it up and let it do its own work?

I've never used one but I carb set and forget, but when I carb through the liquid post it's a lot quicker than gas post, so there must be something in carbing from the bottom up.

Just got one. Really plessed. You can pull a few beer's as it carbonates. Turn it off when you get to the sweet spot.

I just leave it. I have it standing up in my keezer and just hook it up through the lid at 30psi for 45min. I then hook it up to a tap and see how it pours and to release a little pressure, I sometime give it another 10min, but normally it is right, I think it depends the keg temp at the time. I then hook it up to the normal keg post as serving pressure (12psi).

The lit means that I can go from fermenter to service (if I use a filter) in about an hour if I want to.

Do you leave the lid on as you drink the keg or can you remove and swap for a standard lid (obviously burping the headspace again)?

edit: should have looked closer at the picture, there is no liquid post....

I normally remove it after a couple of days and swap it for a standard lid. There can be a bit of foam if you remove it straight after carbonating.

I leave it in the keg mostly. I have a keg of sanitiser next to the kegerator to clean the lines with, so I take it out of the beer and leave it in the sanitiser. I also have a spare stone so I can change it out when cleaning is needed.

So it does have a liquid post? Set and forget is king for me, prevents me f-ing things up!

Thanks again for all the advice guys!!
Definitely sounds like the way to go for me!!

Cheers Matt

No liquid post, the one affixed to your keg itself will suffice.

LOL - yep I had clearly lost some brain cells the other day!

Latest posts

Back