Carbonating 450 Ml Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agorganic

Reaction score
Yeah, so how many carb drops? 1 and half a teaspoon of white sugar?

just use one or do something this like: https://sites.google.com/site/goatherder/bulkpriming

I use to use 1 cup dextrose to 2 cups of boiled water and then use a syringe to get 10ml of the solution into about 300ml of beer, this would equate to about 15 ml solution into 450ml of beer.

It can be suggested that carb drops can overcarb beer so 1 carb drop into a 450ml bottle would robably be fine but adding 2 drops may make a bottle bomb.

just use one or do something this like: https://sites.google.com/site/goatherder/bulkpriming

I use to use 1 cup dextrose to 2 cups of boiled water and then use a syringe to get 10ml of the solution into about 300ml of beer, this would equate to about 15 ml solution into 450ml of beer.

It can be suggested that carb drops can overcarb beer so 1 carb drop into a 450ml bottle would robably be fine but adding 2 drops may make a bottle bomb.

Ok DazDog. I will try your solution next time as no dextrose unless someone with dextrose lives near sandra street melton....

ummm...alright. I'm not under-carbing with just 1 in a 450ml bottle though, am I?? I had thought it would be nice to have some grolsch in some grolsch bottles, even though I only have 16 bottles.

I had used 3 grolsch bottles in the past to bottle either a coopers mexican or lager as trial, but I just happened to have some mutated half sized carb drops which made it 1.5 in each bottle and I could of thrown them at police if there was a riot nearby as a concussion grenade, instead I popped the tops like 4 times.

Cheers

Jesse

I carb lolly per grolschie will work perfectly. Ur safe there. And that's by coopers lager carbing standards. I quit using them since and bulk prime.

I daresay that even the plastic coopers bottles are pretty OK with just 1 lolly, just a teeny bit undercarbed.

Latest posts

Back