Canadian Blonde Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxy007

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick one. Is the coopers canadian blonde kit the same sort of taste as pure blonde?

Cheers,

Maxy

And if I'm not mistaken, Cooper's don't add human urine either :lol:

Bugger that was the only reason I was going to brew it!! :D I guess I won't be now.

I was actually going to brew some for a friend who likes pure blonde.

Ok, well maybe someone here can give you some positive input, but not me.

I reckon there'd be a lot of sugar, some malt and a little isohop...but that's my best guess...anything more specific would require..well, more :blink:

According the the bottle (if read correctly) Pure Blonde is very, very far from being a true beer, so making it at home might prove very, very hard!

PZ.

Canadian Blonde is a bloody nice kit though

Coopers I reckon looks and tastes way too dark. I hated it. I brewed a muntons blonde before hand and highly recommend it over coopers. It was extremely light and smooth. Great summer beer. Probably closer to the 'pure blonde'. Bare in mind no kit tastes like the commercial stuff.

too dark??? mine's the lightest beer I've ever made..... just used Coopers BE 1...nothing else...

I brewed heaps of this stuff befor BIAB came along. We enjoyed it as a good session beer . When I started to improve my kits befor the move to AG I enjoyed adding about 15g Cluster hops for a 5 to 10 min boil just tweeked the taste a little. Lots of mates up here love it .

:beer:

Is the canadian blonde kit an ale or a larger kit?
and would you use BE1 or BE2 with it?

Cheers,

Maxy

Is the canadian blonde kit an ale or a larger kit?
and would you use BE1 or BE2 with it?

Cheers,

Maxy

You mean Lager?

This recent post ,says its an ale yeast,so 18/20c is the go.
BE1 if you want it thinner/blander,and BE2 if you want a little more malt character.

This link may also give you some ideas.

You mean Lager?

This recent post ,says its an ale yeast,so 18/20c is the go.
BE1 if you want it thinner/blander,and BE2 if you want a little more malt character.

This link may also give you some ideas.

Hmmm yep I meant lager. Leave me alone it's early and I'm still half asleep or maybey I'm sleep posting :p

Anyway thanks matey.

Cheers,

Maxy

Back