Can you experiment with different Coopers enhancer kits?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Taylor

Reaction score
Hi All!

Fairly new to the brew scene. Looking to do my fifth batch.

So far a find the Coopers Mexican Cerveza not to bad.

My question is: Can I simply use different Coopers beer enhancer packs to play with the flavor?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers.

Hi All!

My question is: Can I simply use different Coopers beer enhancer packs to play with the flavor?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers.
The different brew enhancers will give different results. Mostly in body, head retention and mouth feel. Also will effect alcohole content.

yeah for sure. if you go to cooeprs site there are heaps of recipes using the cans and various ingredients ,doing small boils and stuff

https://us.diybeer.com/brewing-info/recipes

I made a bunch and found them a great way to start customizing the beer I was making ,and they all made good beer

Hi All!

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers.

I found the Mexican improved with age , 6 weeks minimum

The full overview of each of the Cooper's sugar products can be found here
Dextrose will keep things dry & light bodied; Maltodextrin will improve mouthfeel without changing the colour or flavour & Dry Malt will add some sweetness, colour and body.

I found the Mexican improved with age , 6 weeks minimum
I made a batch about 6 weeks ago

2 weeks old not to good

6 weeks old now , not too bad

can drink it

probably not make another ;)

Thank's everyone for the advice.

Just scored a second wart and full setup with 142 glass bottle so now running brew constantly and experimenting ;)

Cheers.

If you like beers with flavour don't bother with that Cerveza kit, I did a straight one recently with LDM to experiment, about as much flavour as Coles brand lemonade. I don't want to tip it out so I'm mixing it with ginger cordial to make a mid strength ginger beer.

Agreed the Mex Cerveza is bland AF, I forced carbed a keg of it yesterday that was simply the tin , BE2 and about 300g of dex just to see what its like. It would make great summer beer for your mega swill mates to smash and Im sure i wont have an issue getting through the keg myself but I doubt Ill do another. The Canadian blonde was better IMO and the APA plus hop tea better again. \

One of my best so far was the standard coopers lager BE2 and 400g of whitebox honey, at 3 months in the bottle it was outstanding the keg was drunk fresh and was good but the bottles I aged seem to bring forward the floral flavour of the honey. I'm thinking I might do a two can version to 30litres keg 19l and bottle the rest to age again.

Last edited:
Back