Can A Fridgie Confirm Something For Me?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swap the orange and the white.. and your good to go :) (wired incorrectly)

Yeah I was just thinking that just then, but on the wiring diagram the white goes into the timer motor, as it does on the timer photo, theyre labelled with different numbers though.

Here I'm assuming M and TM both mean the timer motor...

Can you even take it a step further and tell me what I'm missing? :p It looks like on the wiring diagram that in defrost mode both cooling and heating circuit would have power (the cooling circuit going through the TM)...

Swap the orange and the white.. and your good to go :) (wired incorrectly)

I switched them around and the compressor doesn't run no matter where the defrost timer advance screw thing is set. Swapped em back so at least the compressor runs now.

Anyone else know what this problem could be.. I've spent hundreds on this stupid fridge, and in hindsight I should've just got a new one, but I'm not going to give up now.

I tried swapping the wiring like riverside suggested, but then the cooling circuit didn't get power. I didn't test the defrost circuit. I don't want to make any assumptions, but it seems like he could have looked at the wire colouring and the defrost terminal numbers when he recommended I swap the wires.

I got a new defrost timer, with different numbering again (to both the other timer and the fridge diagram), but the same circuit diagram on it. It appears to be doing the same thing, getting caught in defrost mode.

Any other possibilities here? I've come this far and don't want to give up lol. Nor do I want to pay abother $100 for someone to come and look at it, tell me its the defrost timer (again) and replace it and have the same problem...

Alright so the defrost circuit is definitely OK. I was worried that the defrost thermostat was buggered or something. The element definitely switches on wired how it was originally, it went into defrost 25 mins ago and the element warmed up, and now when i check it, it's cold again, but the compressor hasn't switched back on...the defrost timer is a mechanical 6hr cooling and 25min defrost cycle, so the compressor should have come back on or the fan or something, but I've got nothin...

any ideas? this is driving me nuts...

OK so you're probably sick of seeing this pop up into the top threads. I've done some more investigation, and it seems like everything works fine for a while, but when it's in the defrost cycle, when it has defrosted the coils the defrost thermostat opens (to turn off the defrost heater to save power I'm guessing). But when it does this, it cuts power to the timer motor as well. Thing is with this is mind, looking at the circuit diagram, I can't see how the fridge ever worked properly, so there must be something else to it

Does someone know what the go is? know how these things work? any help is is appreciated. thanks.

Alright guys, don't fret I think I have it fixed.

Strangely, I'm also convinced that the factory wiring diagram is wrong.

It now looks like this

IMG_0002.JPG

and agrees with every other simple frost free fridge circuit in existence.

Quality fridge it must be to have to do this to make it work <_<

Back