Calling All Brewers!any Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver_streak67

Reaction score
Ok ppl, Ive got 1xcoopers pale ale tin
2xcoopers draught
1xfarmland draught(freebie)
2xus-05 yeast
3xnottingham yeast
saaz pellets
northern brewer pellets
plenty of dry malt extract
2kg coopers brewing sugar
and..........3 empty fermenters so I am looking for some suggestions as how to make up something special-or at least tasty.
Maybe a 2 can in there somewhere?
Any suggestion greatly appreciated and will be tried. :beer:
The only issue I have is its hard to keep brew temp under 22-24 deg in my bathroom where i brew :(

I just put down:

1x Coopers Pale
1x Safale S-04
1x 500gm dried malt
1x BE2
1x Cascade hop bag

tastes so nice from the sample I took :D

I probably wouldn't bother two-canning any of them, just do the Pale on its own, from my tastings, the farmland draught is terrible :(

Use the Farmland dude instead of sugar. Go the Coopers tin, add some Saaz flavour and aroma. See what you get. While waiting on our Fridgemate ours (US05) have been 22-24

Pale Ale can + 700g malt + 500g dextrose
5 IBUs of Saaz
US-05 (best closer to 18C for cleaner flavour)

#2 TOUCAN
2 x Coopers Draught
10g Dry hop Saaz in primary
Nottingham yeast (try and keep as cold as possible, wrap fermentor in wet towels, should reduce a few C's)

The farmland cans are very average as single kits, they work ok as toucans though. Can't complain for $8 !

Go the Nottingham, although I'm going onto liquid yeasts for all grain brews I use Notto for all my kits n bits and partial brews, especially here in SEQ where 20 degrees is as cold as you can get with my limited equipment at the moment. I've done everything from super strength stouts to 'lager' brews and it's the duck's nuts.

Back