What would you brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gto625

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have more than enough grain and hops on hand to brew a couple of beers, but I'm not sure what to brew next and am looking for ideas - so, what would you brew?

Current grain stocks: 10kg pilsner malt, around 1.5kg Caramunich II, around 0.75kg pale malt, and somewhere between 0.5-1kg each of Caramunich I, Roasted Barley, Weyerman Smoked Malt, Chocolate, Carahell, Carared, Wheat, Caramalt, Munich I, Briess Extra Special and Special B.

Current hop stocks (pellets): Cascade (100g), Centennial (75g), Challenger (60g), Galaxy (80g), Amarillo (80g), Chinook (35g), Nelson Sauvin (45g), Simcoe (115g), Citra (130g)

I have one pack of US-05 on hand, but can easily get other yeast.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

All those C hops, us-05 and chocolate malt? I'd be making a black IPA. Pilsner malt plus chocolate and pale malt would be a good starter for a lovely hoppy black or dark IPA.

What welly2 said....

Or a touch or Roast Barley and Carared will get you some nice redness - so a Red IPA is also a possibility

Hadn't even thought of a black IPA... sounds like something to look into. Thanks welly2.

TheBlackAdder - there's definitely DSGA in there... it's why I have some of those ingredients... but I already have a full keg :)

What about a nice summer pale ale? Pilsner and wheat with a little Munich maybe and late additions of galaxy and citra to 15 ibu then a big dry hop of both?

I'd use some pilsner and caramunich II and maybe a little roasted barley to make a red ale...any of the hops will suffice.
Or sub the caramunich II with the extra special.
Both would make a tasty red...
Plenty you can make with those grains...
My first red ales consisted of only base malt and caramunich II...works well.

Back