Cairns Area Beer Related Actitvities

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono_w

Reaction score
I'm heading to Cairns for two weeks on the 23rd of this month.
I hear there is a micro in town? Any other interesting places or activities I should indulge in?

Cheers..

Blue Sky Brewery is definitely worthwhile. Hayden will happily do a tour and you will definitely get some ideas for your setup.

Are you only booked into Cairns? Do you want to know beyond the obvious ( reef and daintree)? link

Blue Sky Brewery is definitely worthwhile. Hayden will happily do a tour and you will definitely get some ideas for your setup.

Are you only booked into Cairns? Do you want to know beyond the obvious ( reef and daintree)? link

I had heard of Blue Sky, will definitely go there for a look and a few brews maybe even some undercover idea stealing :ph34r:
I'm staying with a friend in Cairns and will hire a car and just cruise around. I've done some research into the area, not real keen on the tourist stuff but I'm sure ill get sucked in.

Did the Blue Sky tour last week, Hayden wasn't on deck, and the 2IC brewer was too busy too harass. The marketing man told a good yarn, reckoned they boil their wort twice, and didn't know what yeasts they used, or whether they were Whitelabs or wyeast.
Was interesting watching the brewer drain off and pitch 10L+ of yeast slurry into 1000l of wort, but.

The feed there is great, and the beers were not bad.

I managed to educate myself a bit and get the caps off a heap of different micro brewery beers over the last two weeks, and nearly all were better than the Blue Sky offerings, but thats my opinion only.

Regards

Did the Blue Sky tour last week, Hayden wasn't on deck, and the 2IC brewer was too busy too harass. The marketing man told a good yarn, reckoned they boil their wort twice, and didn't know what yeasts they used, or whether they were Whitelabs or wyeast.
Was interesting watching the brewer drain off and pitch 10L+ of yeast slurry into 1000l of wort, but.

The feed there is great, and the beers were not bad.

I managed to educate myself a bit and get the caps off a heap of different micro brewery beers over the last two weeks, and nearly all were better than the Blue Sky offerings, but thats my opinion only.

Regards

Sounds great,
is "Hayden" a AHB member?

lucky *******. Lived there in 2007. I want to go back.

Love Cairns, will finish my days there, I'm sure of it!

Latest posts

Back