Buying Materials For Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel Mcleod

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm from central queensland & the brew shops around the Rockhampton area barley cater for more than kit & kilo brewing.
Were would I be likley to get quality ingredients? Shipped up from Brizy sounds like the best bet. But from which store/company?

Go with craftbrewer.com.au

They are located in queensland and have really good prices.

Mate make contact via PM with a great mate of mine paulwolf350 he is a FNQ brewer and could probably help with local and not so local suppliers. (Sorry Paul if I have dobbed you in mate :p )

Chap Chap

Mate, I use craftbrewer almost exclusively. (As well as my good buddies on AHB bulk buys) I have quickly learned to keep enough grain on hand to cover all my forseeable needs.

The homebrew shop in yeppoon is about the best for grain brewing supplies, she keeps a decent selection of hops and some grain. The ones in rocky are a waste of time

I am part of a liitle brewing group, 2 of us are on AHB, Me (Paulwolf350) and The Mexican (Doug), if you need some grain in a hurry we can probably help you out. We are organising a group buy for base grain (pilsener) at the moment.

What level are you at Joe, are you just starting in AG? or more experienced at AG?

Paul

+1 for craftbrewer. It is onl about $15 postage for a grain bill. Cant beat it really. I live in FNQ and craftbrewer is closer to Melbourne than it is to me so for $15 is not a lot.

With couriers doing bulk label rates it shouldn't worry you- one sponsor mentioned will freight via courier up to 25kg for just $9.60. My latest order was about 15kg and it was on my doorstep within 48 hours of placing the order online (so yeast is no real hassle), it might take a day or two more to your locale but that still takes some beating for freight cost and speedy delivery. Makes for very simple sourcing of much better quality ingredients than you might get locally without all the hassle of dealing with less than reputable LHBSes too- I am never disappointed... well, at least with the ingredients, sometimes my skills don't do them justice! :D

Once you get going with all grain, you can usually pack enough into a <20k order to do 3 full brews as well as stock up on a couple of extra yeasts and shrinks of hops. So, per brew, the freight from CraftBrewer isn't too bad.

"What level are you at Joe, are you just starting in AG? or more experienced at AG?"

Paul,
I've brewed with you fellas a few times at Dougs when he was running a learn to brew course. That's the only experince of AG brewing I have. Are you guys still brewing down at Dougs place? (If it's the same guys)

I had a look at Craftbrewer & beerbelly.com. It's like being a kid in a candy shop. I'll try the Yeppoon shop in the meantime until I get the AG equipment up & running.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Latest posts

Back