Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boiler9.jpg

It's really pretty basic and dodgy.

Blasted a hole with the grinder to slip the burner in there and held it down with a bit of stainless tie wire. Bird shit welded three bits of rhs to the steel rim and then welded some nuts in the end of the rhs for adjustable feet. I also weldled three little tabs of angle iron to the top of the rim to keep the keg off the rim as it seals and the flame goes out for lack of oxygen. This may be able to be combated in other ways like drilling multi holes or something.

Just make sure to measure the dia of your keg and take a tape to the tip when scavenging. Some kegs are different sizes.

1.JPG

The centre bit that I cut is actually hinged to the inside and held by the 2 bolts on the burner side

2.JPG

Fully adjustable legs allow for any terrain, all 3 of my legs are at different heights

3.JPG

Has been made to fit a 4 ring, but I find that the 3 ring is ample, the keggle I use sits neatly on the protruding part of the rim and allows for air intake, you can also see extra holes I drilled lower on the rim to help.

:icon_cheers:

ed: spelling was as bad as citymorgues

Thanks guys they look good Il definitely have a go at building one of those tyre stands. I dont have welding gear so i may just use a bigger tyre to keep it higher off the ground. Il look into designs and see what i can come up with.

kegs23 said:
hey dan26 you should come to the goldclub 2nd friday at burligh brewing 6pm-9pm we can alway do with more people at beer club, good place to find out about other peoples set up and beer
Thanks Kegs i've being following the club on facebook since the beginning but I work in hospitality so getting Friday nights off is near impossible.
Im due for a few days off soon tho so il make sure that I take a Friday off that a club nights on so I can come along and meet everyone.

If you chuck some angle across the top of the wheel (and tack it down) it'll allow just the right amount of air in

EApQK.jpg

Dan26 said:
Thanks guys they look good Il definitely have a go at building one of those tyre stands. I dont have welding gear so i may just use a bigger tyre to keep it higher off the ground. Il look into designs and see what i can come up with.

You could drill and bolt it all together.

I ended up buying the rambo burner from craftbrewer and couldn't be happier with it. used it on Tuesday for the first time and it works great more than enough power for what i need.

Latest posts

Back