Burleigh Brewing Co

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakester

Reaction score
Anyone been to the Burleigh brewery? We are heading up there on monday for 2 weeks and are staying at Burleigh heads so want to visit this place while we are there. I had one of their pale ales at the hopfest earlier in the year and liked it.
So is it a good place to visit, tours,samples etc?

Aint been to the brewery, but had thr hef and pale on at the pub and was a big fan. Also its a desert up there for good beer, so grab as much of it as you can!

Scotty

The place is a must. Great beer and very friendly people. You will be very well looked after.

Nice beers and great people.

I'm sure Brennan would be happy to take you on a tour if he's around.

Cheers

Great beer and a good looking brewery with everything on show. Just check their opening times on their web site as they only open the brewery on certain days / arvo's.

Kleiny

looks like its a winner! Hopefully be open tuesday so i can grab a case of whatever i like, dont want to sit around drinking XXXX all the time.

Yep great people and beers.

I was last there at the start of the year. Brennan gave me a taste of the small batch recipes he was playing with for this beer. He obviously can pick 'em.

WORLD GOLD!!!!

We've been busting to share our latest news ... just haven't managed to get an e-mail out before now!

Those of you (and there have been a good many .... thanks!) who have sent us warm and fuzzy e-mails congratulating the Brew Team on their incredible efforts with the Black Giraffe can rest in the knowledge that you have amazing taste - that beer is officially a world beater, having scored a Gold Medal and the highest points overall in the specialty beer category at the World Beer Championships!!

Just got back from 2 weeks in Burleigh Heads and had the shittiest weather ever recorded there, could not even swim at the beach as it was closed. Lucky enough we found the Burleigh Brewing Co easy enough, luckily near a good seafood shop! As stated above, the people there are very friendly. They dont open the doors to the public much, mainly every 1st friday of the month and some saturdays. We got there on a tuesday but luckily they were brewing so we got to do a brief tour of their impressive brewery. After that we tasted a couple of beers but we only had eyes for the 28 pale ale. Man,what a beer! Very heavily hopped but not too over the top, for the three of us, it was perfect. Ended up buying 5 cases in all, decently priced at $57 a carton, not too bad for a great beer as fresh as you can get, considering we bought 2 cases of JS golden ale on the monday for about the same price and after drinking the 28 pale we could have tipped the Squires down the sink. The only bummer for me is im a west Sydney boy so after i drink my last 24 i will be back to the Squires range :(

Back