Bunnings Water Container?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$15 secondhand? What are they worth new?

I guess the grommet is a big selling point?

Gotta love ebay, I once seen a $300 gift voucher sold for $302

I use the one you got in the pic as a secondary fermenter got it from Bunnings, all you need to do is get a tap and a rubber gromet drill a hole in the lid and wack the grommet give it a good clean and steralise and your away

lol might buy new ones and sell them for $25 plus postage :p will make money off stuff I gotto drive 3 mins down the road to get off the shelf :D

That's a ripoff. Get one new from Bunnings for a couple of dollars more including a tap.

Bunnings sells something similar to the link below, just want to know if anyone uses or would use this item to ferment in?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Twenty-Litre-Pl...=item1c27fe5890

Cheers

Stu

Search for "Bunnings fermenter" on this site, you will get heaps of hits. Also read up and you will see most don't use the lid, we use gladwrap.

A good clean with unscented napisan (there you go, you now know a good cleaner too) before use to get rid of any odours and all is set.

QldKev

Search for "Bunnings fermenter" on this site, you will get heaps of hits. Also read up and you will see most don't use the lid, we use gladwrap.

A good clean with unscented napisan (there you go, you now know a good cleaner too) before use to get rid of any odours and all is set.

QldKev

Which napisan is the unscented one?

I use the one from Aldi called Di-San, it says on the package Fragrance free, and it's about half the cost of the one from Woolworths.

You can get the active ingredient, Sodium Percarbonate separately but I find it is easier to just grab the Aldi one.

QldKev

I use the one from Aldi called Di-San, it says on the package Fragrance free, and it's about half the cost of the one from Woolworths.

You can get the active ingredient, Sodium Percarbonate separately but I find it is easier to just grab the Aldi one.

QldKev

Cheers Kev.

I thought with a name like Kev you would have said "I'm Excited!" when it comes to cleaning products. :)

Aldi here I come!

The fermenter being discussed here is the 25L one, I'd go a few bucks more and get the 30L square ones. They are perfect for the average batch and snuggle in better together than the round ones. They come with an o ring under the lid so I just use that with gladwrap instead of the lid.

bunnings_30l__Large___2_.jpg

The fermenter being discussed here is the 25L one, I'd go a few bucks more and get the 30L square ones. They are perfect for the average batch and snuggle in better together than the round ones. They come with an o ring under the lid so I just use that with gladwrap instead of the lid.

View attachment 56345

haha, Bribie has a pink peg in his brew area

next time I replace my fermenters I'm def going to the 30L Bunnings ones.

Latest posts

Back